Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Where to find aqua joggger?

Posted by Pam S. on 1/14/04 at 19:22 (142036)

Dear Friends:
I am considering trying the aqua jogging. I have noticed some people talking about this and I MIGHT give my feet a rest and try this form of exercise. Don't laugh but I would like to keep my hair dry (even with a lovely bathing cap on it gets wet) and if I can stay UP my hair will not get wet = less hassle that day. I have Sports Authority nearby and Target?

The last time I tried treading water my feet hurt too so who can figure that out??? Would aqua aerobics hurt your feet too? Sigh. Thx. Pam

Re: Where to find aqua joggger?

SteveG on 1/14/04 at 22:56 (142048)

Go to the Sports Authority and tell them that you need a vest for aqua jogging. They should be able to help you out. I bought my vest a a similiar sports type store. It is easy on the feet and, to my mind, quite enjoyable. You can move slowly from one end of the pool to the other and daydream, talk to yourself, etc.

Annette on 1/16/04 at 10:38 (142184)

I aqua jog all the time, all you need is some kind of floating device, like a belt to put around your waist, this will keep you afloat so you can consentrate on your form, and you do not need a bathing cap, my hair never gets wet. water running is a bit boring but it is a great work out and keeps you in good shape. I have been water running for years to keep in shape for running someday(I am still hopeful), many injured runners water run when they can't run, good luck.

Aly on 1/16/04 at 16:00 (142222)

Hi Pam,

I did a search online for 'water shoes' once and came up with the below

http://www.waterworkout.com/store/products?category=shoes#raf

Try doing some google seraches and you may find more.

Good luck!

Aly

PS. Do your feet hit the bottom of the pool when you aqua-jog? Wouldn't that irritate PF too?