Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Plantar Fasciitis

Posted by Joann Walters on 1/15/04 at 20:25 (142150)

Please Help! I have had plantar fasciitis since May 2003 and it continues to worsen. I have had my foot wrapped several times, performed nightly exercises and stopped going to the gym. I have gained weight due to quiting smoking and joined a gym. I felt pain several months into my weekly workouts. I'm also a teacher and on my feet all day. Now I have it in both feet and just want to get back to life. I recently read about a new procedure being performed using some kind of electrical(x-ray)charge (Radiology)? Are you fimilar with something like this? I am so desperate I am willing to try anything at this point. I hope you can help? The pain is so bad in the morning I can hardly walk and the pain throughout the day continues ruin my daily life and any plans I have for a vacation. Please help, another appointment Monday to the foot doctor.
Joann

Re: Plantar Fasciitis

Dr. Zuckerman on 1/15/04 at 21:35 (142152)

Hi
I believe you are talking about ESWT. This is the FDA approved procedure for chronic insertional plantar fasciitis.. I have performed well over one thousand procedures and have this to be a very effective procedure. If you would like our informational ESWT packet please e-mail me at (email removed). Feel free to ask any questions