Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

is it possible for an 8 yr old to have pf??

Posted by Heather on 1/17/04 at 22:58 (142295)

I have it as well.and have for about a year now.well my little 8 year old has been having such similar pain for 5 months now.at first i thought maybe she just wanted to like have what i was having ya know kids!but she has it enough to make her bawling and she describes every symptom and i have never described the symptoms.i dont know where to go for help.she is in so much pain.has anyone ever heard of this in children???she is 8 and about 85 lbs.she is very tall,but a bit not too much but a bit heavy weight.maybe that is a factor.I used to be seeing a p.doc foot doc and honestly his name is Dr.hoyle in utah and he just doesnt really seems to care much about me and helping me he just wants to give me codiene and move on to the next patient.(and by the way codiene does nothing for the pain..nothing... just makes me sleepy.)i have read that pf book on this site and tried it all i dont know what to do.but my biggest worry now is my little sweet girl who has her childhood and whole life still ahead of her she hates to walk even such short way.any information would be so so appreciated.by the way she has really great shoes and wheres soft thick slippers around the house.anyway she wants to just write soon to you guys for comfort because she feels so alone and handicap she cant run with her friends etc...so she will write you guys tomorrow.please anyone write to me.i so need you guys....oh one interesting question i was taking vit c tons of it every hour for 2 weeks a few months ago and a week after i was feeling heeled but i stopped the vit c because i was taking for a cold...so i wondered if maybe even though it was week later after stopping all the continual vit c ,if that could be something to help?anyway i would love to hear from you all...Thanks so so much for all your support you all always give me! Love Heather

Re: is it possible for an 8 yr old to have pf??

Julie on 1/18/04 at 03:36 (142299)

Heather, your litle girl probably has Seaver's Disease, not PF. This is a fairly common childhood ailment to do with the growth plates in the heels (comes into the category of 'growing pains'). I believe that most children outgrow it fairly quickly, but do take her to a podiatrist to get it checked out.

Re: i need help,i am so worried!

Heather on 1/18/04 at 11:59 (142312)

have it as well.and have for about a year now.well my little 8 year old has been having such similar pain for 5 months now.at first i thought maybe she just wanted to like have what i was having ya know kids!but she has it enough to make her bawling and she describes every symptom and i have never described the symptoms.i dont know where to go for help.she is in so much pain.has anyone ever heard of this in children???she is 8 and about 85 lbs.she is very tall,but a bit not too much but a bit heavy weight.maybe that is a factor.I used to be seeing a p.doc foot doc and honestly his name is Dr.hoyle in utah and he just doesnt really seems to care much about me and helping me he just wants to give me codiene and move on to the next patient.(and by the way codiene does nothing for the pain..nothing... just makes me sleepy.)i have read that PF Book on this site and tried it all i dont know what to do.but my biggest worry now is my little sweet girl who has her childhood and whole life still ahead of her she hates to walk even such short way.any information would be so so appreciated.by the way she has really great shoes and wheres soft thick slippers around the house.anyway she wants to just write soon to you guys for comfort because she feels so alone and handicap she cant run with her friends etc...so she will write you guys tomorrow.please anyone write to me.i so need you guys....oh one interesting question i was taking vit c tons of it every hour for 2 weeks a few months ago and a week after i was feeling heeled but i stopped the vit c because i was taking for a cold...so i wondered if maybe even though it was week later after stopping all the continual vit c ,if that could be something to help?anyway i would love to hear from you all...Thanks so so much for all your support you all always give me! Love Heather