Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Just trying to catch up on his sleep.

Posted by Bob G. on 1/18/04 at 22:02 (142345)

One afternoon, Sue was in the backyard hanging the laundry when an old tired-looking dog wandered into the yard. Sue could tell from his collar and well-fed belly that he had a home. But when she walked into the house, he followed her, sauntered down the hall and fell asleep in a corner.

An hour later, the dog went to the door, and Sue let him out. The next day he was back. He resumed his position in the hallway and slept for an hour. This continued for several weeks.

Curious, Sue pinned a note on his collar: 'Every afternoon your dog comes to my house for a nap.'

The next day the dog arrives with a different note pinned to his collar. 'He lives in a home with ten children. He's just trying to catch up on his sleep.'

Re: Just trying to catch up on his sleep.

marie on 1/19/04 at 15:59 (142384)

:)):)):)):)):))!!!! I feel the same way at the end of each work day. Kids can wear out anyone!!!!

Thanks, marie

Bob....how are you feeling?

Bob G. on 1/20/04 at 00:11 (142417)

Thanks, Marie, I am feeling great! No heal pain, and with a little luck, will be out of knee pain soon. Just like heal pain, the knees require the right mix of rest, diet, pills, and eventually exercise, gradually increasing intensity. I have not exercised in over a month, but it has been cold, I am lazy, and I want this knee to mend and quit hurting so I can get back to walking (jogging) on the beach. Thanks again for asking...now I am off to bed for much needed rest. 'nite

Suzanne D. on 1/20/04 at 19:17 (142487)

That is funny, Bob! :D Thanks for sharing it with us.

Suzanne :)