Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

surgery questions

Posted by rsk on 1/19/04 at 08:34 (142357)

Hi Docs

I have decided to go for EPF in the next couple of weeks for my left foot (I have pf in both feet) . I am really concerned abt any complications that may arise as a result of the surgery. But I am gona go for it anyways as I have tried all the conservative methods. can somebody pls tell me what kinda complications that may arise due to this surgery. How much of the facia is generally cut and what are the long tem implications of this surgery. I have a high arch and very tight calf and hamstrings. I read that the surgery is more likely to be successful in ppl with high arches. is this right. Pls help

Re: surgery questions

gr on 1/20/04 at 04:09 (142425)

Hi rsk,
I have a similar story to yours, except that I have flat feet. I have been struggling with pf pain in both feet for years. My doctor recommends surgery. I'm terrified of having a poor outcome with disabilitating long term results. I also am having pain towards the front outside of my foot which my doctor thinks is from a compensatory gait. He wants to do the surgery at the end of this month, but I'm still not quite ready to go ahead with it. Please keep me posted as to how your surgery goes.