Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

gout

Posted by Mike B. on 1/21/04 at 08:52 (142529)

i have a bad case of gout in my left big toe,
what I want to know is this the doc has me on indomicine (excuse the spelling)to help with pain well it ain't working .I NEED TO KNOW IS THERE SOME THING OUT THERE THATS A STRONGER MEDICATION FOR THIS PROBLUM?
THIS WAY I CAN ASK MY DOC ABOUT CHANGING MEDS

Re: gout

Dr. Zuckerman on 1/21/04 at 20:45 (142589)

Medrol dose packet 4mgs or a local steriod injection seen to really help. Also you can have injection in your arm of 40 mgs of depo medrol. Indocin 50 mgs one bid is used alot and can help but my first line of acute treatment is above

Re: gout

dave m on 1/19/08 at 05:35 (242164)

Mike, I sympathasize because I have the exact same problem right now, and even the same foot & toe joint. I am 45 and have it for the first time. My doctor also prescribed indomethacin, I am on it now for two days. It is helping some, but not completely. I think the problem is that it is not a pain reliever, but just an anti-inflammatory to reduce swelling. At first it helped immensely, but now not so much. We'll see. Good luck.