Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Fluroscopy for Injections Dr Z And/or Dr Wander

Posted by sammy p on 1/25/04 at 08:34 (142807)

Dr,

Could you please tell me if a fluroscopy is ever used for injections as a more accurate placement of the needle? I had 2 injections for my post tib tendonitis and it did not really help take the pain away. I was wondering if this is a more accurate approach as to pinpoint the precise area based on mri findings or patients symptoms.

Re: Fluroscopy for Injections Dr Z And/or Dr Wander

Dr. Zuckerman on 1/25/04 at 10:47 (142810)

The posterior tibial tendon is very close to the surface and there fore veryeasy to inject. Two many injections are cause a rupture and or further injury to this tendon.
Have you had an mri of the foot including the tendon?

sammy p on 1/25/04 at 18:31 (142828)

yes dr z,

it showed tendonitis, tenosynovitis.

Dr. Zuckerman on 1/25/04 at 18:42 (142831)

A brace such as the Arizona brace or an AFO brace could help alot

sammy p on 1/25/04 at 18:43 (142832)

drz,

two other questions, about the injections for this area

1). Have you persoanlly done any injections to this tendon and was there any success in reducing the patients symptoms?

2). I've had 2 injections in the last 2 months and no success, should I try another or is risk involved?

Dr. Zuckerman on 1/25/04 at 18:50 (142835)

I have when the problem is acute, but there must be bracing and or taping in conjunction with any type of local steriod injecctions. I would stop the injections since two failed to help at all. Physical Therapy is also an option .