Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Ignore him

Posted by Mark L on 2/01/04 at 13:34 (143391)

I think that any post from shockman should be ignored

Re: Ignore him

Dr. Z on 2/01/04 at 14:10 (143399)

Mark L

We need to know who everyone on this site is. With due respect that includes me and you. I have problem with anyone expressing their opinion so long as they tell us who they are.

Mark L on 2/01/04 at 15:00 (143411)

Who i am is not really that important- you know that what I have posted is very accurate information. Those who disagree either have their own agenda or have been unduly influenced by those who have ulterior motives.

The basic fact is that energy ESWT has proved that it has a rightful place in the podiatric community and if podiatrists pick the patients population properly the results will be impressive. It is another tool and like any highly specialized tool it's use has to be properly applied.

Dr. Z on 2/01/04 at 16:07 (143416)

There are some areas that I disagree with you that have nothing to do with my own agenda or have I been influenced by others with ulterior motives. For example when you say that post-eswt modalities such as NSAID are contro-indicated according to the FDA this isn't true. I do believe that NSAID should be avoided but it isn't a contra-indication. According to the Dornier techical manuel there are pre-cautions but no known contra-indications.
There are no known studies showing the deleterious effects of NSAID and the outcome with ESWT.
By process of elimination and my experience in the ESWT industry I have a pretty good idea of who you are associated with . I have no problem with that . I also have no problem with you offering advice, referral information whatever, but let's be up front and honest if you are who you are. If just makes sense. I could ignore this entire conversation because you actually serve anyone using the dornier epos ultra but it is time that anyone associated with any equipment company state who they are. It is ok and it legal unless you are told by your company not to promote now that is another story. Come on Mark L lets ALL be up front . I have always told posters, doctors, who I am and what company I am co-founder of.

Ed Davis,DPM on 2/02/04 at 20:58 (143509)

Dr. Z:
I would encourage Scott to have a 'registration' feature on this site like we have on the f**tch*t site, otherwise all we can say is 'caveat emptor' -- let the buyer beware. Readers need to critically consider the source of statements.
Ed

Re: Re:I Ignore him

Dr. Z on 2/02/04 at 21:47 (143520)

Ed,
I agree but it won't happen. The person could fake his or her name, which is what is going on here.
By the way could you e-mail our/your other heel pain site. My other computer crashed and I don't have the link address. Thanks

I will get you the literature that we talked about very soon I promise