Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

18 months after surger and still a non-union of sub talar joint

Posted by Jeanne on 2/01/04 at 23:04 (143450)

I had a subtalar heel fusion in July of 2002. I have been to my Dr. many times and many x-rays were taken. According to the Dr., these x-rays showed a progressive union taking place. I have not been pain free since the surgery. Finally, he sent me for a cat scan. This showed an almost complete non-fusion of the joint. My Dr. doesn't seem to be in any hurry to do anything about this. Ive been using a bone stimulator for a year now. What, if anything can and should be done. Thanks

Re: 18 months after surger and still a non-union of sub talar joint

Kira on 2/12/04 at 22:43 (144220)

Well, I guess no one cares!

Dorothy on 2/13/04 at 00:10 (144224)

Kira ~ When I first started reading here and then posting, I felt awful when people would post something and they asked for help or information and got no answer. I posted about feeling awful and other people, I recall Suzanne, wrote that they felt the same thing. It is hard to notice someone in need not getting an answer but it does happen for a lot of reasons. I would suggest that Jeanne re-post i.e. try, try again - and maybe even post on Ask the Foot Doctors. The fact that she has not gotten an answer does not mean that no one cares. Most of the people here care a lot about the plight of their fellow suffers - so to you and to Jeanne, do try again and don't give up.

Dr. Z on 2/13/04 at 15:03 (144273)

Since you are still in pain and the bone stimulator hasn't work and the non-nunion is the problem then a second surgery is the next step . Did they use any type of bone graph the first time?