Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Necee...Suzanne, kathy, carol etc.thanks!

Posted by Carmen H on 2/03/04 at 08:45 (143532)

Thanks all for ht Happy Birthday greeting last week!
I have been completely side tracked on life since we found out we are...PREGNANT!!
It is a miracle I am keeping eyes open at this point. Everyone please send me an update on how you are...Suzanne, Necee, Wendy, Carol, Kathy...anyone I have forgotten. I would like to hear how everyone is feeling. Also has anyone heard from Laurie R.?

Re: Necee...Suzanne, kathy, carol etc.thanks!

Richard, C.Ped on 2/03/04 at 10:42 (143544)

Congrats to you Carmen!!! I know you are very excited!!!

Suzanne D. on 2/03/04 at 10:52 (143545)

Oh, how very exciting, Carmen! =D> =D> =D> Now my lunch will taste better! (I am eating my Healthy Choice meal while checking on e-mails and thought I'd drop in and see if there were any new posts.) I am so happy for you and your husband.

Take care, @};-
Suzanne :)

Carole C in NOLA on 2/03/04 at 11:54 (143547)

Carmen, how wonderful! You are right; a baby is indeed a miracle. It's the one miracle that kind of makes up for a lot of the less exciting parts of life, don't you think? I know you will take wonderful care of him or her, while you are pregnant.

How are you feeling? I hope you have an easy pregnancy, and that your feet are still doing well. How many animals do you have by now? :)

Don't forget to pay attention to your feet while you are expecting, so you can walk pain-free with baby in a few months. You have an advantage in that you know what foot problems feel like and you know what to do at the slightest twinge. So, you can 'head them off at the pass' (foot problems, that is).

Here's the update on me. My feet are doing really well. I am back to riding my exercycle, and I have worked up to 2 miles in 10 minutes yesterday, which is a lot for me. Today my knees are protesting a little, but my FEET feel FINE! I think that wearing my custom orthotics while I ride, and being careful to ride with 'good form' made all the difference. I've lost 16.2 pounds since January 3rd with Weight Watchers. So, that about sums up my life recently. LOL Oh, and also Frank is coming to visit over Mardi Gras later this month.

Welcome back!

Carole C

Carole C in NOLA on 2/03/04 at 11:56 (143548)

Good for you to choose Healthy Choice! I can tell that you are eating wisely. I don't always, but lately I've been working on that. I am eating a green salad with boiled shrimp on top and fat free Italian dressing, along with a fat free yogurt for dessert today. I love shrimp. :)

Carole C

Carole C in NOLA on 2/03/04 at 11:58 (143549)

I said, 'I know you will take wonderful care of him or her, while you are pregnant.'

I didn't just mean while you are pregnant! Of COURSE you will take wonderful care of your baby, always. I was just thinking about the next few months when I wrote that.

Kathy G on 2/03/04 at 14:29 (143560)

Congratulations on the wonderful news! I can't think of anything nicer! Enjoy the pregnancy and relish the true miracle that's taking place. When my niece was pregnant, I once again was able to marvel at the miracle of birth!

Thanks for sharing the news!

Suzanne D. on 2/03/04 at 15:33 (143564)

Thanks for the encouragement, Carole! I eat a bowl of Total cereal every morning for breakfast and then either Healthy Choice or Lean Cuisine for lunch. I've been trying to bring a banana with me for my after school hunger attack, but then at night is when I want to eat more of what I want when I am at home! I am going to have to do better about that area.

Weight gain for me has been very gradual, but it is there, and it is not going away. And I think I have a metabolism that is about as slow as syrup. After awhile, it's going to get the best of me, so I am trying some new strategies. I have all the more respect for dieters now!

I like shrimp, too! But I like the breaded, deep-fried kind. And I wish I liked salads, but I just don't. I have to load them up with so many other things to kill the lettuce taste that it defeats the purpose of eating them! :D

Congratulations on your weight loss and sticking to your plan!

Julie on 2/03/04 at 16:31 (143569)

Carmen, I am very glad for you - that's wonderful news.

Take care, and enjoy your pregnancy.

JudyS on 2/03/04 at 17:05 (143576)

Oh my gosh Carmen what a truly thrilling surprise for us! You're gonna have a baby!
Do you still have my email? I think I have yours wrong so would love it if you could drop me a note!
This is GREAT!

Bev on 2/03/04 at 21:22 (143587)

Wow , someone on the board is expecting, Carmen how exciting , congratulations . We all can follow along with the pregnancy with you :)
Carole , congratulations on your Weight Watchers , you are doing so well , that is so great :) It seems as if you and Frank are gettin'
'pretty cozy' lately :) That's nice:)
Everyone have a great week :) Bev

Re: How exciting Carmen

Tammie on 2/04/04 at 18:54 (143635)

I do hope that all goes well with your pregancy. It will be the best gift that you and your Husband will ever recieve! Children are so inocent and give you the love that reminds you of the important gifts about Life. li You already love and help needy animals and abused and forgotton, and if you care for Gods creatures with the Love you show ,We all know that the little miracle you are about to grow and look and listen with that wonder of a real miracle will turn out to be all that it is said to be and that you will be a wonderful mother. Good Luck and hope to read alot about the progress! I'm sure it will bring back some of our wonderful memories To!!!

I keep in touch with Laurie , as often as I can. She is doing well and I am sure she would love to hear about your news!Send her a email and make her day!

Re: I am also pregnant!

rekha on 2/05/04 at 14:40 (143696)

Carmen, congrats on your pregnancy. I also learnt last week I am pregnant. I am a little anxious though that my foot problems will get excacerbated during the pg.

what kind of foot problems do you have? have they stabilized?

Congats to you!

Carole C in NOLA on 2/05/04 at 19:24 (143709)

Congratulations, Rekha! :)

Carole C

Suzanne D. on 2/05/04 at 21:52 (143723)

Congratulations to you, too, Rekha! =D> I hope your feet hold up well during your pregnancy. This is a special time in your life; cherish it. That may sound odd to you now, but you will understand later, I think.

Take care!

wendyn on 2/05/04 at 22:42 (143728)

Congratulations Carmen, I am very, very happy for you. This pregnancy thing is contagious (both on this board and in my office).

I will get in touch with you in a few days. I have not heard from Laurie, but I also wonder how she is doing.

JudyS on 2/06/04 at 11:53 (143774)

Oh hot diggity rekha - TWO new PF babies!
Are we not rich this week my PF friends? :) :)

But......what ARE we going to name them? :-/

marie on 2/06/04 at 17:32 (143815)

Oh my gosh ...congratualtions on your pregnancy Carmen. Keep us posted. How very exciting.

marie on 2/06/04 at 17:34 (143816)

Spring must be in the air...congratulations rekha. Rest those tootsies.

best wishes marie