Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Great News!

Posted by Terri on 2/09/04 at 18:42 (144006)

Well, where to start? First at p.t. today, my therapist said I was doing extremely well in flexibility. Then tonite at the dr., I got the last 2 stitches out, the incision has fully closed and I'm back in a regular shoe! What a happy surprise that was! I was just hoping to get into a soft shoe, not my regular shoes. I can start driving again, boy will my mom be happy to hear that, she's been my taxi these last few weeks.

I'll tell you, I was starting to think this was going to take an awful long time, but except for the incision separating about 3 weeks ago everything has gone very well. I had ultra-sound done today at p.t. and I couldn't believe how much of the pain it took away. Today is my 1st day with absolutely no pain meds since surgery on Jan. 2nd.

I know I'm not ready to get out there and dance yet, but boy has this been a truly wonderful day for me! Thanks to all for your support and advice. I'll be staying on this site for awhile as all of you are the only ones out there that know what we go through on a daily basis. And, if this works well, still got one more foot to do!

Re: Great News!

chrisb on 2/10/04 at 08:16 (144036)

Congratulations Terri. As someone heading for surgery soon myself its especially good to hear you're recovering on schedule.
Take it slow and easy.
By the way, what do you mean by a soft shoe as different from regular shoes? Runners?

Terri on 2/10/04 at 17:58 (144053)

From my understanding, a soft shoe is a miniature version of the boot I had to wear. For now, the dr said tennis shoes only, with my inserts of course!

Must say I did pretty well today, better than I thought I would. I took one of my crutches with me just to be on the safe side, but I didn't put a lot of walking in, and what I did do went very well. A little sore tonite but nothing I need to take more than Advil for. The incision did well and I actually drove my own car today! :-)

Good luck on your surgery Chris. I hope it goes as well as mine has so far. I still don't know how well the releases worked, will only find out after I'm back to a regular routine.

bluestella on 2/11/04 at 00:16 (144069)

wow great news!! wish i could do that good :( i miss driving so much its been toooo long!! i cant go to pt but tomorrow i get ultrasound done .. i hope it helps i have only been to one other time.. didnt notice anything!! bye terri take care

Nancie H on 2/11/04 at 10:28 (144087)

Hi and thanks for your good luck. What kind of doctor did the surgery for you? Nancie

Terri on 2/11/04 at 21:21 (144136)

Hi Nancie! A D.P.M. (podiatrist) did my surgery. During last summer/fall when we were discussing this surgery, he told me he's one of the few in my area, Columbus OH, that will even attempt this, many dr's shy away from it due to poor results. All I can say so far is that he seems to have a talent for it, and besides that, he's a great guy as well! Real down to earth and spends at least 20 mins with me per visit.

REPLY on 2/20/04 at 22:33 (144877)

Hey you can still drive with your other foot. I did it for a couple months . and you dont have to be an einstein to do it either. DUH.