Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Walking again in a soft shoe

Posted by Faye J on 2/11/04 at 12:09 (144102)

Thanks to all who responded to my post, all the info sure helps. I started Monday in my shoe it has been more painful than I thought it would be. I've been taking ibuprofen and still put my foot up when ever possible. Have found out that I can't walk too far as of yet, but that too shall pass. The Doctor also said I had a place on my incision that rejected and internal stitch, so I have to doctor that for awhile, other than that He said I was doing exceptional well for a 52 year old. (Ha Ha). In response to what kind of a soft shoe, the nurses told me to get (Ryka) they have a wider toe area and fit the inserts well. I could only find them at Bergners, they seem to be ok for now. I also have New Balance 554 and 608 but haven't tried them on since surgery. They worked real good before the inserts. On a different matter, I have noticed that now that I don't have a cast or boot, people don't quite understand why I'm not up doing things like I did before. It's so good to be able to respond here with others that understand and have had the same experiences that I have had. I'm also a Pastors wife and have many people praying for me and they are very understanding but they really can't understand what this is all about. I thank you all for all the help and advice you have given me. Faye J

Re: Walking again in a soft shoe

Pam S. on 2/11/04 at 23:27 (144142)

I recently found a truly soft shoe called Wolkys. I hope I spelled it right. It is like walking on marshmellows. I am not kidding. Great for sensitive feet, and I would think they would be great for you. Very soft leather and great cushion. I wonder if anyone else has tried them here at HS? Speciality stores carry them but they might be on line too. Hope all goes well for you. Warmly, pam