Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Ankle Pain/Arch Collasping????

Posted by Nadine on 2/11/04 at 23:48 (144143)

I had open release surgery about half a year ago and in the last several months I have been having severe first step heel pain and ankle pain at the same time. It is right on the ankle bone on the inside of the foot. I also have very sore arches all along the center. There is no numbness, but lots of pain.
Do you think this is just part of the long process of hopefully healing, or do you think something else is happening. My arch is very flat, pronated, and seems to possibly be collasping a bit. I do have very good orthodics, but I still experience this pain and disability. I am having to use crutches much of the time or a boot to get around. I cannot stand in one place more than a very few minutes, and still have to use a wheel chair to go any long distances.
Please let me know what you think and any suggestions would be so very much appreciated.
Thank you very much.

Re: Ankle Pain/Arch Collasping????

Janis on 2/13/04 at 21:18 (144290)

I have the same thing almost, and I wish I had some answers. I hope one of the doctors may shed some light on this for us. Keep in touch and let us know how you are doing.