Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Does TTS ever subside without surgery?

Posted by Anita R. on 2/13/04 at 15:56 (144280)

I was inquiring abouit wheter tts ever goes away without surgery? I will not have my foot sliced open and take the chance of having it worse off as i have seen on this board?

Re: Does TTS ever subside without surgery?

Terri on 2/14/04 at 07:54 (144302)

From what I've read on other sites and here, as well as talking to my dr, it doesn't ever go away but it can be managed. Surgery isn't always a failure you know. It is a major inconvenience and a long healing process afterwards with the occasional bump in the road. You can ask your dr to have some of his/her previous surgical patients contact you with their experiences.

Keep in mind that a lot of people that search out sites on the web and post are generally still having trouble and looking for others to share with. When people see themselves as 'cured' or are now living a normal life, they move on and we don't often see or hear of the success stories.

Keep a positive attitude and if you decide that surgery is in your future, find a dr you are comfortable with. Don't let anyone pressure you into doing anything you're not ready for.

lara on 2/15/04 at 20:00 (144366)

I agree with Terri - it doesn't go away, but it can be managed. At it's worse I avoided eating so I wouldn't have to walk to the bathroom. I crawled around on the floor. Today, nobody knows I have a problem and I suspect some people think I'm malingering. I've just learned what I can do, and can't do, and have learned way to make the list of things I can do longer.

REPLY on 2/20/04 at 21:45 (144870)

If you dont have the surgery to relieve the compression on the nerve , you will eventually start to get muscle wasting in the foot and atrophy because there is no signal getting passed the point of nerve compression resulting in wasting of the foot muscles. And in severe cases you can lose the use of your foot .