Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Ballpark cost of EWST in Canada?

Posted by Steve on 2/13/04 at 22:08 (144291)

I visited a new podiatrist this week with an EWST machine.

He told me that it could take months ( 3, 6 or more ) to get an answer from my insurance company about whether or not they would cover the procedure.

Thats not bad for me for right now. I still haven't given up totally on physical therapy.

I read on this site that EWST in America is about $5000 a pop. Approximately how much is it in Canada?

Re: Ballpark cost of EWST in Canada?

SteveG on 2/13/04 at 23:07 (144293)

As I recall, you can get all three treatments for about $1200 1500 - but then you have to factor in travel, hotel, time off, etc. I believe they all use low energy, so you need to get all three treatments

Dr. Z on 2/14/04 at 06:47 (144300)

We have been using the dornier epos ultra since came into the USA market.
Our experience and cost effectiviness is no where near the %5000 market. If you would like additional information about our program just e-mail Dr. Z at (email removed) and we will send you our packet

RobM on 2/14/04 at 19:17 (144318)

The exact cost of ESWT at the PainFree ESWT clinic in Toronto is $1050USD. This includes 3 treatments with a Sonocur Plus, as well as low intensity laser therapy. After 3 months, a fourth treatment is available at no charge.

Our treatment consists of 3 1-hour ESWT sessions over 4 days. We have a special rate at the local Travelodge for our clients of $75CDN/night (about $60USD) and flights to Toronto are about $200-$500, depending on the city you are travelling from.

Toronto is a wonderful city, so you can take a mini-vacation while you are here. Most of our clients come to us through our website at http://www.painfree-eswt.com . We have information about ESWT, as well as a video of an actual ESWT treatment for heelspur!

Rob Mitchell
PainFree ESWT

MARK L on 2/14/04 at 19:44 (144320)

Why spend $2000 for a non FDA approved treatment that significant numbers of studies have shown to be of no or limited effectiveness. Doesn't make much sense to me when an FDA approved high energy treatment is available here in the USA for the same $ or less. Ever wonder why the low energy people haven't tried to get FDA approval? I'll tell you why- they don't want to spend the $ because they know they can't get it. They can't show that it is effective enough.