Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

All Points Bulletin...

Posted by JudyS on 2/15/04 at 11:47 (144341)

I'm looking for something so I'm issuing an APB....

My husband's favorite pie is Pecan. His mom spoiled him with Pecan pies all his life. I, however, am a miserable pie maker! :-s

His mom even had a lovely pie plate that was pecan and white in color with the words 'Pecan Pie' emblazoned across it's plate with a pecan pie recipe following. When she passed away, I was able to bring that pie plate home with me. I've actually used it several times - in spite of my miserable pie-making skills!

Yesterday, for Valentine's Day, I made John a Pecan Pie in the Pecan Pie plate. I took some seriously extra care with it and it actually came out pretty well.

But then Tragedy struck. I was removing the pie from the fridge when I was distracted - I caught the pie on the fridge door, it slipped out of my hand and, you guessed it, shattered all over the (new) kitchen floor! No more pecan pie. But worse, no more Pecan Pie Plate. I was devistated. Still am.

So......back to my APB. If anyone ever sees a Pecan Pie Plate out in the World that I can buy, would you let me know?

Thank you,
PecanPieLess in SouthernCA.

Re: All Points Bulletin...

Kathy in Ky on 2/15/04 at 12:01 (144342)

I did a search on ebay for you, not sure if you are familiar with ebay but here is the auction site http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3274511017&category=29803 Good luck!

JudyS on 2/15/04 at 12:39 (144345)

Kathy that's amazing! I did an EBay search also and didn't find this! Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou! :)

JudyS on 2/15/04 at 12:44 (144346)

....and to think that this EBay item was just listed today! I wonder if John's mother saw me drop that pie {-o<

JudyS on 2/15/04 at 12:45 (144347)

oops...make that [-o<

Re: All Points Bulletin...new info

JudyS on 2/15/04 at 13:22 (144349)

I went and looked at the pieces of my broken pie plate. It was a Currier & Ives pattern by Royal China. Royal China no longer exists.

JudyS on 2/15/04 at 17:44 (144357)

Well my friends, I've found an authentic Royal China/Currier & Ives Pecan Pie plate on the internet! It's an exact duplicate of the one I broke - I found it at an antique site and ordered it. I feel so much better.
And I learned more than I ever wanted to about Royal China's series of pie plates - I'm sure Nancy s and Necee already know all about it.

Remind me NOT to bake any pies in it, 'k? :)

Kathy in Ky on 2/15/04 at 18:48 (144359)

Great! Isn't technology wonderful!

marie on 2/16/04 at 19:23 (144424)

I love Ebay. It's been so cold and yuky that I've been bidding and buying stuff right and left. In fact I gotta go....I have to see if I won anything today.

Dorothy on 2/16/04 at 22:40 (144440)

What are you buying, Marie? I've been buying a few things lately. Maybe we're competing! :-)
What I really want to get up my courage to do is sell some things. Have you ever sold anything on ebay??

john h on 2/17/04 at 10:16 (144466)

yes Marie I am also a big buyer and seller on ebay. I have made over 60 transactions and all have been excellent whether buying or selling. I think ever thing I sold was paid for by PayPal within an hour with the exception of one person who mailed a postal money order. I had two old fishing reels from the 60's that I sold for over $100 each. People collect these things now. Even my old fishing lures are collectable. who would ever have thought you could buy Leuko tape on ebay? 10 rolls for $13.00. I saw someone place a $6 million dollar home for sale on ebay. The secretary in my office bought a pickup truck on ebay.

Kathy G on 2/17/04 at 16:37 (144502)

John, the custodian at our library, where I used to work, was retired and had made a full-time job out of selling on eBay. One of his specialties was antique fishing lures and equipement. Recently, I mentioned I wanted to try an electric scissors since using a regular scissors hurts my hands so much. My husband found a new one on eBay for about half what it would have cost in the store, even with shipping and handling. In fact, it just arrived today and I need to put the batteries in and try it out.

It is extraordinary what you can find there. And it's fun! The people I've met have been very nice and friendly. The only problem I had was with one man who couldn't understand why he should send me a money order for a golf club we were selling because he had no guarantee that he'd get it. I nicely explained to him that his only guarantee was our positive feedback and told him he could retract his bid if he wished. He had only bought one other thing on eBay and had used PayPal and I don't know as that would have given him much recourse either as I've read that they can be dreadful to deal with if you have a problem. So, after several pleasant, not nasty emails, he decided to go for it and sent us the money order. He gave us great feedback but I wonder if he continues to buy via eBay. He just didn't seem to grasp the whole concept.

My husband has had good luck selling and buying golf clubs on it. In fact, I pretty much check out eBay before I try any other place on the internet if I'm interested in purchasing something online.

And Judy, I'm so glad you were able to get the exact same pie plate!