Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Cure PF

Posted by John T on 2/16/04 at 14:52 (144409)

After 21/2 years of pain, 2 Drs, 4 Cordisone shots, Physical Therapy and ESWT, I was contemplating Surgery due to no pain relief. My physical activity life was closed down making me very unhappy. I found Michael Young on the web and was interged by his belief that PF is caused by a shortening, over lots of years, of the lower leg muscles - to the point that they finally pull on the PF and tear it at the heel. That was a better explination that my Dr's had as they 'Did not know' why PF appeared... After one muscle release treatment by Michael, I no longer had PF. It was really amazing but his technique worked. Now I use his stretching technique and am 95% back to normal after two months. Michael's Web site is http://www.mrtherapy.com and you can reach him at (email removed). Good luck as PF is no fun...

Re: Cure PF

Dorothy on 2/16/04 at 15:12 (144411)

Really fascinating reading, John T. Thank you for sharing this information. Have you viewed his video on plantar fasciitis?? If so, what can you tell us about how useful it would be on its own, without having a personal treatment?? Thanks again.

John T on 2/16/04 at 15:28 (144414)

Dorothy - you did not leave a return e-mail address - I purchased his PF video for $45 as I had just spent about $3500 for ESWT, Travel & Hotel included. I could have saved alot if I went to Michael Young first. The trick is that you have to get your lower leg muscles to 'Release', i.e. loosen up so they pass the point of ripping your PF. Unfortunately, it takes Michael's expertise and strength to get your muscles to release - you can not do it to yourself. I now have an understanding of the lower leg muscles and the one on my right leg, just under thr left side of the leg bone is the cause of the tension. The tape will give you an understanding of the entire process Michael uses and the stretches you will need to do for the rest of your life. E-mail Michael at (email removed) - he answers his e-mails and will be glad to help you. He really can cure PF in one visit...

john h on 2/16/04 at 15:38 (144416)

Interesting site. Unfortunately no one in Arkansas trained in this method or I would give it a go as it makes some sense.

John T on 2/16/04 at 15:48 (144417)

John H - e-mail Michael as he conducts seminars all over the US and may have someone he recommends in your area...

rsk on 2/17/04 at 02:06 (144448)

Hi John

You seem to have great faith in Michael's MRT. You said that you had PF for 2.5 yrs. Can you pls tell us what was the intersity of your pain before Michaels treatment and after the treatment. Did you have to have many personal visits for continued treatment or only a couple of visits and then you do the stretches yourself.

thanks for your help

cheers..rsk

John T on 2/17/04 at 06:17 (144453)

rsk - I do not have 'Great Faith' in Michael's Treatment - he actually fixed my 2.5 year PF Condition when no Medical Dr could - and did it quickly. When I saw him my right foot felt like there was a nail in my heel that I drove into the heel each time I stepped, it was a 8-9 on a 10 pain scale. By 2-3 in the afternoon, I would be limping even with the best shoes & arch supports... I had tried all the Dr recommended actions, i.e. stay off the foot, night splints for 2 years, 15 min heel stretches for 2 years... What really amazed me was no Dr could tell me what caused the PF. There is no CatScan, MRI nor Xray that will tell a Dr that the lower leg muscles are so tight that they cause PF. I flew to Denver, Michael is located in Evergreen CO, on a Friday AM, saw Michael for 2.5 hours Friday afternoon, again for 1 hour Sat AM and on again for 1 hour early on Sunday AM and flew home Sunday PM. I figured that since I was there I would have three treatments. I continue to do the 5 stretchs he recommended twice a day, takes 20 mins. The key to the stretches is you only hold them for 2 seconds and then release - do 20 reps at a time. By the way, Michael offered me a 'Money Back Guarentee' - if he could not eleminate the PF I would not have to pay...really speaks to his confidence in his treatment process... My wife and I attended one of his workshops two weeks ago and I saw him fix another persons PF who had had it for 7 years. His technique also worked on Carpel Tunnel - he releaved the pain of two seminar participants. This is a little long - let me know if you have further questions

rsk on 2/17/04 at 19:57 (144524)

John

Thanks for the info. I would appreciate if you could answer a couple of more questions I have. Are you able to be on your feet better than before the treatment. Does the pain come back if you dont do the stretches for a few days. Do you still take pain meds. Do you still have the first step pain in the morning. Is this technique only for apin relieving or does it actually cure PF.

I will stop here. Thanks for all the help

cheers..rsk

jon on 2/18/04 at 04:39 (144563)

john t... stretches?

john ... what 5 stretches were they??????

really love to know

long time PF sufferer

jon

John T on 2/18/04 at 06:48 (144568)

rsk - Here are the answers to your questions Q1. Are you able to be on your feet better than before the treatment - A. Absolutel! Before the treatment I would start limping about noon after walking perhaps a mile during the day. Yesterday, 60 days after the treatment I walked about 15 miles and while my right foot heel spur was sore I had no PF pain nor tearing ti the heel. Q2. Does the pain come back if you dont do the stretches for a few days? A. If one understands the concept of PF being causes by super tight lower leg muscles and that Michael's Treatment 'Releases' the muscles just enough so they loosen up enough to stop the PF Tearing at the heel, the leg muscles are still very tight and it will take a long time to stretch them out - Logic would indicate that if you stop or skip the stretching that the lower leg muscles will tighten back up and the PF will return Q3. Do you still take pain meds? A. I never have taken pain meds. They only mask the PF problem - they do not solve it and have lots of side affects. Q4. Do you still have pain in the Morning? A. No - not since the first day after Michael's Treatment Q5. Is this technique only for pain relieving or does it actually cure PF? A. It really did cure my 2.5 year PF! Buy the way, Michael is one of the most honest folks I Know - give him a call or e-mail. Hops this answers your questions...

John T on 2/18/04 at 07:03 (144570)

jon - The 5 stretches are 1. Toe Stretch - sit in a chair and bring one leg up next to your bottom, reach down and geab all toes and stretch then hard up. All stretches and held for only 2 seconds and done in 20 reps. 2. Toe pull down - from the same sitting position, cross one leg , greb the toes with the opposite hand and pull downward 3. Sit on the floow with a stretch rope or yoga strap, one leg is straight , loop the strap around the ball of the foot and pull back 4. Foot side stretch - sitting on the floor, double the strap around the ball of your foot so it doesn't slip and pull your foot left for 2 sec and right for 2 sec 5. Heel hang - stand on a step and hang one foot off and keep that leg's lower muscles loose, lower the heed using the opposite leg for support bend that opposite leg to lower the heel.
If you have had PF for a long time you need to see Michael. Your lower leg muscles are so tight that you will not be able to apply the required amount of pressure to get your lower leg muscles to release. Getting the muscles to release the dynamic pressure that is causing your PF to tear at the heel is the solution. My whole trip/motel/rental car & treatment was under $1000... Let me know if you have other questions

John T on 2/18/04 at 15:30 (144619)

jon - After thinking about your question all day, I believe you should purchase Michael's PF VHS Tape where he explains his treatment and demonstrates the stretches - Take Care

john h on 2/18/04 at 15:56 (144624)

Problem is John T finding a qualified person to do it. None near me so the tape would be of little use. I am sold on giving it a try as it makes sense but I would assume you would need a number of treatments and someone who has been properly trained. Looks like they are all over California.

Dorothy on 2/18/04 at 22:52 (144672)

John T. ~ I really appreciate your sharing the information and your experience about this treatment. Like John H., I wish I could give it a try, too. I have a sister and family in Colorado so I could arrange a visit to Evergreen, but with the need for repeated visits, that can be difficult and there's no one very near me. So maybe the availability will grow over time. The website and the information there are very interesting and Mr. Young is generous there with his explanations of what he does. Thanks again, John T.

Re: Thanks John T!!!!

jon on 2/19/04 at 01:00 (144675)

thanks heaps john

hope it works ... ill get the tape....

jon

Re: John i live in australia?

jon on 2/19/04 at 01:06 (144677)

... so will the video suffice?

jon

john h on 2/19/04 at 10:46 (144700)

I sent an email to Michael Young and asked him to send his information to a massage thearapist I occasionally use. He mailed me back the price of his videos and sent some information to the massage thearapist.

John T on 2/19/04 at 11:57 (144706)

john h - I did not know you lived in Australia... Get the Video - it is well worth the price! Thanks

john h on 2/20/04 at 09:05 (144786)

john t I do not live in Australia. I live in Little Rock, Arkansas

Cyndi T. on 2/25/04 at 20:16 (145363)

Thank you for your detailed account of the MRT and how it has cured your PF. I have made an appt. with a local practitioner here in Houston.

Dorothy on 2/26/04 at 00:09 (145372)

I hope you will let us know what you think - yes?

John T on 2/26/04 at 06:51 (145390)

Cyndy T - Thanks - Best of Luck, you will be amazed - it really does cure PF!

John H on 2/26/04 at 12:00 (145425)

If three or four of your report a cure in one treatment I will fly where ever it takes including Bejeng.

Re: Tried it, it works!!!

Cyndi T. on 2/28/04 at 22:24 (145624)

John T, I had my first neuromuscular therapy treatment with Patricia Rumble in Houston (she trained with Michael)on Friday. For the first time in who knows when, I got out of bed Saturday morning and walked normally, without pain!! I am so happy to learn about this! I have had pf for a year, and have tried everything (other than surgery and cortisone). The first thing that she had me do was to stand the way I normally do. She noticed that I lock my knees, and she showed me a picture of a skeleten, which shows that normally the knees should be slightly bent. By standing the wrong way, it has caused a tightness in the muscles in both upper and lower legs. The main problem is that I have very tight calves. She worked on me, and I am going back next week for another treatment. Also, I just received Michael's pf video, and he demonstrates the stretches, which I can do morning and night. Before this, I had been doing fairly well with the orthotics, if I didn't have to walk too much. However, I just started a job in new home sales, and after my feet being sore last weekend, I thought that I would not be able to work in the business. Going to see Patricia was my last hope. Today I showed houses, and I feel fine! The physical therapist had given me stretches to do, but they were doing more harm than good. That is why I felt better when I finally stopped doing them!!! Michael explains in his video that you don't want to stretch too long or the wrong way, as it will shorten the muscles, rather than lengthen the muscles. Anyone interested might want to also see Patricia's website, http://www.mtherapy.com . She also gave me a massage stick that I can use on my legs at home. It is called a trigger wheel, and it massages the trigger points on the legs that can be sore if you have too much congestion. The website for that company is http://www.intracell.net . Good luck everyone!

Dorothy on 2/28/04 at 23:09 (145629)

Cyndi T. ~ That is great information and good news that the treatment has been helpful for you. I was one of the people really eager to hear more about this and greatly appreciate your taking the time to tell us about it. I hope you continue to have much benefit from it. Now I am going to take a look at the websites you gave. Thanks again!

John T on 3/01/04 at 07:13 (145699)

Cindy T - Great news - I am so happy to hear that your PF is much better - Michael's technique really does work... Keep stretching or it will return...

John T on 3/08/04 at 07:00 (146414)

Cynthia - My PF pain was 50% reduced immediately by the three treatments from Michael. It was about 90% after calming down and my twice daily stretches. I believe that there is a very fine line between 'Releasing' the tight muscles that are the cause of the PF - and having them tighten back up and causing the PF to reappear. I saw a local Massage Therapist twice a week for a month to remove the scar tissue that had developed between my right heel bone spur and the bottom of my right foot. The stretches and the additional therapy worked. I stretched twice a day for the first 60 days and will do it once a day for the rest of my life. If you can afford to travel to see Michael, it would be well worth your time and effort. Yes, his technique of unique and although his has taught hundreds, it is a very hard technique to use... I can guarantee you that you will gain knowledge and pain relief that will more than pay for your trip... Good luck...

John T on 3/08/04 at 11:59 (146440)

Cynthia - Great... I suggest that you give Michael three sessions to get you to an acceptable degerr of 'Loosened Up' - Good luck!

Cyndi T. on 3/29/04 at 15:41 (148075)

Hi John T.,
I am back from seeing Michael Young! It turns out that the local massage therapist in Houston (who I found on Michael's website) was not really using his techniques, although she had attended his workshop. I spent Thurs-Sun in beautiful Evergreen, and saw Michael for two sessions. I was planning to see him one more time Sunday, but he became ill and had to cancel. I hope the two sessions are enough to get me started, and I am following through on the twice daily stretches. My muscles in the lower leg seem to be looser, but I still have some soreness in my heel. Time will tell as to the effectiveness of the treatment, but he did say that he offers a money back guarantee! He said that he particularly enjoys working with PF patients because they respond so well. About how long after Michael's treatments did it take for you to feel completely recovered from PF??? Thanks!

John T on 3/29/04 at 15:51 (148077)

Cyndi T - Michaels Treatments really moved the muscles of my lower leg and I was not sure what impact that movement had, i.e. loosened them up, for 2-3 weeks. I was sure that my PF was much better but I also had a Heel Spur. Over the next two weeks I became aware that the PF was gone and as I worked with my local Massage Therapist to break down the years of scar tissue that surrounded my heel spur - took 5 weeks of treatment, once a week, to remove the scar tissue. Keep doing Michael's exercises and it will get better - I am at the 95-98% level. Congratulations on having the strength to see the Expert... Best of Luck