Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

how does renee zellweger dance around in heels with PF?

Posted by anne on 2/17/04 at 04:02 (144451)

hi everyone,

how does renee zellweger have PF and still manage to dance and wear heels and run on a treadmill? (this is from an interview i just read). I struggle just to do boring, everyday things like going to the supermarket.

*sigh*

i can't help but wonder if i'm just being 'extra sensitive' about the pain - i mean, do other people with PF just go ahead with their lives regardless?

i really can't understand how something so 'little' can set back my life so much :( i mean, one of my friends fractured her hip a year ago and now she's back to doing triatholons and i can barely walk around the university campus...

sorry everybody, just having a whinge...

Re: how does renee zellweger dance around in heels with PF?

Richard, Cped on 2/17/04 at 11:28 (144473)

If I were paid as much as her, I would put on high heels and dance around too. ;-)

Molly H on 2/17/04 at 11:30 (144474)

Hi Anne,
I think everyone's level of pain is different with PF. I know I couldn't dance around with heels on, or run :(. I have had PF for 16 months and 2 ESWT treatments (they helped but, I am not cured)
What magazine or newspaper did you find the article about Renee Zellweger? I would be interested in reading it.

Thanks!

Molly

Kathy G on 2/17/04 at 15:54 (144494)

I have no idea how she does it either! Some athletes play football or baseball with it, too. In their cases, I believe that they are numbed up with lidocaine before a game. In her case, I don't think she could do the steps if her feet were numb. Of course, since I had two left feet before I got PF, I really can't relate!:D

I didn't realize that she still had it but I know that someone on these boards said they had read that she had it during the making of Chicago. I can't even imagine.

I know what you mean about being discouraged because I just went through a very bad bout of feeling that way. I do best when I stop comparing myself to others and concentrate on comparing myself to me. In my case, I can do more than I could do, say two years ago, and I try to comfort myself with that fact. It's very hard sometimes and of late, I've found it more difficult. But you'll get better because the majority of people with PF do. And if you don't get totally back to what you once were, you will get pretty close. You just have to have faith and try not to get down. Sometimes it's easier said than done but keep on trying!%%-

wendyn on 2/17/04 at 20:14 (144529)

Maybe she can do it because she only weighs 26 lbs.

Perhaps she weighs slightly more.

Somewhere along the way I read what her normal body weight is...it's ridiculously low. For Briget Jones's diary she gains a tonne of weight...but it only brings her up to what most people would consider a perfectly normal body weight.

Not that I'm opposed to being thin, but I think she looks terrible in Chicago.

wendyn on 2/17/04 at 20:25 (144532)

http://www.ivillage.co.uk/dietandfitness/wtmngment/bodyimage/articles/0,,242_174174,00.html

Okay...I'll get off my soap box now.

wendyn on 2/17/04 at 20:40 (144534)

Sorry, I'm not finished yet.

Renee's normal body weight is 105 lbs. At 5 foot 5, that puts her at a body mass index of 17.5 - anything less than 18.5 is considered under weight.

She gains 30 pounds for the movie - which brings her up to about 135. This puts her at a body mass index off 21.6 which is well within the normal range (and the same as mine I might add). BUT - everyone talks about all the pounds she had to 'pack on'!!!!!Whaasssup with that?

In order to be overweight by BMI standards - she would need to weigh at least 150 lbs.

No wonder we all have body image issues.

I'm going to go eat a rice cake.

anne on 2/18/04 at 04:32 (144562)

Hi Molly,

It was in Australian 'New Woman' August 2003...she doesnt say much, just that she's going to have foot surgery in June (this year i assume) and that she's got orthotics now, and how she thinks she got PF from running barefoot for 3-5kms everyday and switching between heels and running shoes.
Mostly they just asked her questions about celebrity men that she knows
:)

anne

anne on 2/18/04 at 04:41 (144564)

thanks kathy, I never really thought about comparing myself to me before :) I guess living in a world that's go, go, go its hard when you can't, well, go, anymore.

all the best to you too, hope things keep improving for you :)

anne

Sam G on 2/18/04 at 22:35 (144671)

And the great thing is, at every weight she is gorgeous!

john h on 2/19/04 at 10:48 (144701)

But does she like football and baseball?

wendyn on 2/19/04 at 23:24 (144759)

True - she is gorgeous. Too thin, but gorgeous.