Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

RESULTS OF DRS. APPT.

Posted by KATHY H on 2/17/04 at 09:11 (144464)

I WENT TO DRS. APPT YESTERDAY FEB 16TH ABOUT NODULES IN THE PLANTAR FASCIA IN MY RT. FOOT. REMEMBER THEY WANTED ME TO EXAMINE CHEMO AS A POSSIBLE TREATMENT. THEY SET UP SURGERY FOR APRIL 28. I HAD ALOT OF PAIN YESTERDAY, HE SAID THE NODULE IS LAYING ON A NERVE. IF IT WASN'T PAINFUL HE WOULD OF LEFT IT ALONE. HE WANTS TO REMOVE ALL OF THE PLANTAR FASCIA IN MY FOOT AND THEN PUT ORTHODICS IN MY SHOES FOR FEAR OF THE COLLAPSE OF MY ARCH. I HAVE A SECOND OPINION FROM A NEW ORTOPEDIC DR. IN THE AREA WHO SPECIALIZES IN FEET. I SEE HER ON MARCH 8. THE DR. I SAW YESTERDAY AND THE ONE WHO WANTS TO OPERATE SAID HE MIGHT HAVE TREATED 8 PEOPLE IN 10 YEARS W/ THIS PROBLEM. ANYONE WHO KNOWS OF ANOTHER DR. IN PA OR MARYLAND FEEL FREE TO E-MAIL ME. I'VE BEEN TO PHILA., HERSHEY MEDICAL CENTER AND 2 OTHER ORTOPEDIC DRS. IN YORK PA. I WANT TO HAVE THE SURGERY TO RELEIVE THE PAIN BUT AM AFRAID OF THE OUTCOME. I AM ACTIVE AND LOVE HIKING IN THE OUTDOORS. IF I DO THIS I PROBABLY WON'T BE ABLE TO ENJOY THE SUMMER AS FAR AS BEING ON CRUTCHES OR IN MY WHEELCAIR LIKE THE LAST TIME. IT TOOK MONTHS. I NEED TO GET BACK TO WORK AS SOON AS POSSIBLE THIS IS PUTTING A SRTAIN ON MY HUSBAND AND I. ANYONE WITH MORE INFO PLEASE CONTACT ME. THANK YOU. I ALSO HAVE TO BE CAREFUL OF CONSEVATIVE TREATMENTS, SOME WERE SUGETTSTED BUT MY INSURANCE COMPANY SAYS NO.

Re: RESULTS OF DRS. APPT.

Dr. Z on 2/17/04 at 16:47 (144503)

Call Dr. Z at 1-856-848-3338. I practice just outside of Philadelphia PA.
What other treatments beside foot surgery have you tried/

KATHY H on 2/17/04 at 19:24 (144517)

NO OTHER TYPES EXCEPT ORTHODICS IN MY SHOES. MY INSURANCE COMPANY REFUSES ANY TREATMENTS THAT ARE EXPERIMENTAL. I HAVE JUST PUT UP WITH THE PAIN TILL NOW. I CAN NOT TAKE MUCH MORE. SO SURGERY I GUESS IS MY ONLY OPTION OTHER THEN LIVING WITH IT. THANK YOU DR Z. I ONLY KNOW THAT CHEMO WAS NOT AN OPTION FOR ME. I THOUGHT ABOUT IT AND TO REMOVE ALL OF THE PLANTAR FASCIA IS NOT AN OPTION EITHER, I'VE DECIDED TO ASK THE SECOND OPINION DR. IF JUST THE NODULE AND A SMALL AREA SURROUNDING IT WOULD BE OK. I AM SEEING A DR. SUZETTE SONG IN 3 WEEKS. THE DR. I SAW IN HERSHEY WAS DR. PAUL JULIANO. ANY INFO ON THESE DRS.? I GUESS IF THIS ISN'T A COMON THING, NOT MANY DRS. WILL HAVE EXPEIENCE KNOWING WHAT TO DO.

Dr. Z on 2/17/04 at 20:34 (144533)

I haven't seen your foot so it is very hard to comment. There are many posts regarding injection therapy for this treatment. If it has been determined that injection therapy isn't going to help then surgery is your only option. What do you doctors say about injection therapy.? Search this site for our discussion about the various types of injection therapy. Look under plantar fibromatosis or plantar fibroma and see what information is there