Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Dr. Z question

Posted by Wendy on 2/19/04 at 06:16 (144685)

Maybe this has been asked before, so forgive me if I'm redundant. When you begin to see a new patient, generally, how often do you see them at first? Say this is not a new patient to PF, it's someone with test results, orthodics and xrays etc., someone who might be getting another opinion...would this be every week? I know there's nothing etched in granite. The reason for my question is that I have such an oddball for a Dr., (and the one I'm thinking of going to is very far away) I have no experience with caring Dr.'s (which I think you are)and I have no clue about this. Thanks, Wendy

Re: Dr. Z question

Dr. Z on 2/19/04 at 09:29 (144696)

Good question. Let say you inject the patient with a local steriod injections I want to see them within two weeks
Foot surgery- one week
Every patient is different. I have some patients I every 6-8 weeks for pf but I talk to them either via the phone or e-mail. There must be a treatment plan and then a follow up examination to determine if that specifice treat plan is working. ie Hey my pf is feeling great can I go running. Well with examination there is severe pain on palpation. So this patient isn't ready for running. If I had told that pateint try it out they could re-injury the pf area. So an examination is very important to determine the level of healing and or cure