Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

COMPLICATIONS FROM SESAMOIDITIS SURGERY

Posted by CHERYL A on 2/19/04 at 19:02 (144740)

I HAD ONE OF THE BONES REMOVED FROM THE BALL OF MY FOOT. IT HAS BEEN 5 MONTHS SINCE THE SURGERY AND I STILL CANNOT WALK PROPERLY. I CANNOT BEND MY BIG TOE. I HAVE A LOT OF PAIN IN THE SURGICAL AREA. IT IS AS IF I NEVER HAD THE SURGERY TO CORRECT THE PROBLEM. PHANTOM PAINS? I HAVE DEVELOPED A NICKEL SIZED KNOT ON THE SIDE OF MY FOOT JUST ABOVE THE INCISION AREA WHICH IS EXTREMELY PAINFUL EVEN TO THE SLIGHTEST TOUCH. THE INCISION ITSELF HEALED WITH NO PROBLEMS. I CANNOT WEAR BUT ONE PARTICULAR PAIR OF TENNIS SHOES BECAUSE IT HURTS MY FOOT SO MUCH. MY PODIATRIST HAS NO ANSWERS AS TO WHAT THE PROBLEM IS OR WHAT TO DO ABOUT IT. HE SUGGESTS CORTIZONE INJECTIONS. NO THANKS! DO YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS AS TO WHAT I CAN DO TO HEAL MY FOOT? I HAVE TO WEAR A BANDAGE OVER THE KNOT WHENEVER I PUT ON MY SHOE TO KEEP THE AREA PROTECTED, WHICH MAKES THE SHOES TIGHT AND MY TOES CONSTANTLY BRUISED. I HAVE TRIED LARGER SHOES BUT STILL GET NO RELIEF. ANY SUGGESTIONS YOU CAN MAKE WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Re: COMPLICATIONS FROM SESAMOIDITIS SURGERY

Dr. Z on 2/19/04 at 20:44 (144747)

I would have to see the foot and see the x-ray to give you my opinion.
Get a second opinion if you can