Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

More winter photos of Crete

Posted by Julie on 2/20/04 at 02:51 (144765)

Hi everyone

Lots of you liked the snow photos I posted the other day. Here are some more - a whole series taken by Jean before and after the snowstorm. He says that the ones in the second and third row were taken the day before the storm - which shows how quickly the weather can change in Crete. I hope you enjoy these: I think the ones of the flowers are lovely.

http://www.west-crete.com/crete-photos-february-2004.htm

Re: More winter photos of Crete

Lari S on 2/20/04 at 13:36 (144826)

What beautiful pictures Julie! That really takes me back in time. I visited Crete when I was in the Air Force stationed in Germany. I still have my beautiful flokati rug that I bought there.
Lari

Julie on 2/20/04 at 15:04 (144834)

Where did you go, Lari - and when? Crete is my second home, my favourite place to go.

marie on 2/23/04 at 20:02 (145126)

Julie,

Thank you for the photos. I always enjoy seeing the landscape of other places. I think Northern Indiana is a little like Crete.....as we always say stick around for a few minutes and watch the weather change. It was beautiful here over the weekend with a high of 40 degrees. Ididn't even wear a coat. I'm not sure the southerners could handle that.

Thanks again!!!!

marie

Lari S on 2/26/04 at 17:19 (145461)

Well, I was stationed in Germany from 1976 to 1981, so it must have been around 1979. I took a tour through the Rec Center, and it was fantastic. We toured around Chania (sp?), Kournas Lake, Samaria Gorge, etc.
Lari