Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

I delete the entire thread

Posted by Dr. Z on 2/20/04 at 15:49 (144838)

Just so everyone knows I deleted the entire thread by elliott. I am always willing to talk about my decision but it has to be via my e-mail (email removed) but not on this board.

This is a heel pain board and not a board that talks about misleading , deception etc. These are very strong words. There is nothing wrong with difference of opinion but dis-respect is not going to be tolerated by DR. Z toward any one period.

Re: I delete the entire thread

Ed Davis, DPM on 2/20/04 at 20:06 (144862)

Dr. Z:
I missed that one, sorry. I have been swamped since I was gone last week at the ACFAS Annual Meeting in San Diego. By the way, if you don't have an independent diagnostic ultrasound machine in your office there are some exceptional units at very attractive prices. The technology keeps getting better and better and the prices of the units are plummeting. I am going to lease a new one. My staff asked if I am going to sell my old one but I am not sure that I could interest anyone if they saw the new stuff out there. Dr. Rompe emailed me an interesting paper from a Turkish researcher suggesting that office use of diagnostic ultrasound should be the imaging modality of choice in PF. After all, we really are just looking at biomechanical entities radiographically in most of our heel pain patients --- we realize that the spur is not very meaningful and calcaneal stress fractures not that common. We really need to be imaging the plantar fascia, looking at thickness, fiber organization/disorganization, a hypoechoic area at the area of prime pathology (where we aim the Dornier). It is also interesting because we finally have a means of changing the tissue quality and measuring that via diagnostic ultrasound. It is a service to our patients because it costs about one eighth to one tenth of what an MRI costs.
Ed

Re: I delete the entire thread

Dr. Z on 2/20/04 at 20:24 (144866)

Ed,

I have an ultrasound in my office. It is two years old . i would love to get the new color ultrasound machines.

I am not sure if you are familiar with Jefferson University Medical School In Philadelphia. They have their own ultrasound clinic which does research in this area. I use them to teach doctors in our group basic ultrasound. We are working on an arrangement where we will be publishing ESWT studies with the dornier. They do alot of research. Our project is next. Right now they are doing a study that will be published showing how much more effective ultrasound is for MS evaluation then mri. They are going to also show how much money Aetna US Healthcare will save if they used ultrasound instead of MRI for MS evaluation.