Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

heel pain with a painful lump on bottom of foot

Posted by Carrie F on 2/22/04 at 20:38 (145042)

About two months ago I noticed what My doc thinks is a calcium deposit just below my ankle bone. About two weeks ago I notice a painful bump on the bottom of this same foot on the same side below this area. It hurts most when I come home and walk with out my shoes on. My doctor referred me to a podiatrist. Any idea what it could be?

Re: heel pain with a painful lump on bottom of foot

Dr. Z on 2/22/04 at 21:37 (145050)

You need an X-ray and or an mri to make this detemination. I really would be guessing at this time

Re: heel pain with a painful lump on bottom of foot

Debbie D on 2/24/04 at 17:33 (145230)

I have noticed a painful lump in the bottom of my left heel. It has gotten progressively worse since about Nov. 2003. Some days I feel it and others I don't, but the last few days it is really painful. I bought some heel cups (Dr. Scholls) with gel. I am not overweight (120#) and probably equal time sitting and standing. I wear arch supports that I bought from Good Feet, Inc. for bunion problems I have. If I don't exercise 3x a week or so, I find that the calves of my legs ache also. Stretches and exercises seem to take care of that.

My question...Do I need to see a podiatrist or can I do home treatment to treat this pain? Will the lump I feel dissolve?
Any advice you can give will be appreciated.
Thank you

Debbie