Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Treatment with Michael Young

Posted by Pauline on 2/22/04 at 20:38 (145043)

It might be almost 2 years ago now that I posted about Michael Young on this web site.

I don't know how to search archived material, but if you do know how to do it you should find my experience posted.

I found his website and like the rest of you would try anything. This was something new for me. As it turned out, after contacting him by phone and emails Michael I found he was coming to my hometown to put on a seminar that week end.

He used me and my PF to demonstrate his technique to those in his training session. I posted about my experience following that session.

I think his Muscle Release Therapy can help P.F. in the right hands of course. Michael is a super guy. I wished he lived next door I'd be there daily for massage.

After my visit with Michael, I changed my thinking about how long a stretch should be held. Personally I think he's correct in his theory and P.T. are holding stretches for to long a time when working on patients.

Re: Treatment with Michael Young

Dorothy on 2/23/04 at 00:47 (145064)

Pauline ~
If you feel like repeating it, I would be very interested to hear about your experiences with the treatments that Michael Young gave you/gives. I would guess that others would, too. I will try the search here that you suggest, but it may not go back that far (I don't think it does..) - so, if you feel like retelling, I've got my ears on - or, rather, my eyes open.

Re: Treatment with Michael Young

Robert J on 2/23/04 at 19:10 (145124)

Pauline-

I would also love to hear a description of your PT with Michael Young. In spite of the recent discussion and viewing his website, I dont have a clear idea what he does except, as you say, to hold stretches for a very short period of time. What is involved in a session with him and how does a muscle 'release'? Finally, the big question: did he help you with your PF?