Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Is there hope?

Posted by Chris I on 2/23/04 at 22:48 (145142)

I was first diagnosed with pf in June. I tried better shoes and birk insoles and lots of stretching. I was getting some success but it always came back. Then I got orthotics and it felt like they were not supporting my arch correctly. Latest plan is a night splint, modified activities at work and adjusted orthotics with heel lifts. I have now had my first pain free day. My worry is that the pain will be back because that is always what happens. I am wondering if I am really diligent about my activity level for 3 months and use the night splint do I stand a chance of healing? Any regimes people can suggest for eventually being able to walk?

Re: Is there hope?

R C on 2/25/04 at 09:42 (145301)

If you are pain free with orthotics, night splint and relative rest, then you should have high hopes for full recovery. Stick with your plan, and resist the urge to resume full weight-bearing activities until the PF is fully resolved *and* you have addressed the root cause for the injury.

If the pain does come back, there are lots more things to try.

MER on 2/25/04 at 22:46 (145369)

I also felt there was no hope. Could not sleep couple nights ago, so search on web re: PF - I ran across taping the bottom of my foot....had my
first pain free day in several months. Beginning to feel like a human being again. Thanks to those who spoke about taping...I also am wearing my
birks again. I can get things done now that I could not do before.

Dorothy on 2/25/04 at 23:56 (145370)

What taping 'design' did you decide to use? What website re PF did you run across that you learned the taping style from?