Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

~~~~Howdy~~~~

Posted by Necee on 2/24/04 at 23:30 (145262)

How are things with my PF friends? I've been so busy that I just pop in every now and then, I wish I had more time to read and respond.

It's been raining all day long here in Texas, they keep teasing us with the possibility of snow, but haven't seen one flake yet!

I decided to do something brave today....I went to work not wearing my Birks, instead I wore my NB's, and to my surprise, I did rather well, my feet didn't hurt at all. Some of you know how it is.....you kinda like to be adventurous and wear somthing different for a change.

Well....it's official, I will be taking a cruise to Alaska in May after all! Have any of you been there? If so, please fill me in on all the 'must see' things. This will be our first cruise ever, and we've requested an oceanview suite. Now.....I heard somewhere that we should specify having our room as high up as possible and in the middle of the ship, is this true? Any info would be greatly appreciated....I know there are lots of world travelers out there in PF land that have some great tips to share.

Happy trails....

Necee

Re: ~~~~Howdy~~~~

wendyn on 2/25/04 at 06:59 (145280)

Necee, I've never been on a cruise or to Alaska - but your trip is one I've always wanted to take.

I've been to really northern BC near the Alaska border, and it is beautiful country up there.

In May, I would imagine that you will have daylight for all but maybe 3 or 4 hours at night.

Necee on 2/25/04 at 11:21 (145311)

I'm really looking forward to the trip Wendy, from the pictures I've seen it looks absolutely beautiful up there. I'm really hoping to see some wildlife, especially whales.

This trip is an expense that I'd rather not have at this point, because we are begining to build our dream home, but.....it's also a chance of a lifetime that I don't want to miss out on, as they say.....a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do!
Happy trails.....

Necee

Re: your Alaska cruise holiday

carynz on 2/26/04 at 00:21 (145373)

hi Necee,

I too only visit here now periodically but have not posted in a long time. I do keep in touch with some people here by personal emails. Pls. email me and I will enlighten you on your upcoming cruise. We went last summer to Alaska and even though we have cruised before, Alaska is very magical and one I would do over again in a minute. I have been in the travel industry for over 14 years and living here in BC not far from Vancouver, I would be happy to give you some travel tips for cruising.

I hope to hear from you.

Cheers,
Caryn Z

Lari S on 2/26/04 at 17:06 (145460)

Oh, I am soooo jealous! I have wanted to cruise Alaska for years, but hubby hates to travel. (Says he flys for a living and travel is too much like going to work.) Hope you have a great time.
Lari