Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Outside foot pain with heel pain

Posted by Gina on 2/25/04 at 15:39 (145338)

Hi. I just started training for a 1/2 marathon (I did one last year too and have ran all my life) and all the sudden my left foot - the outside (about the middle - where the bone kind of sticks out) along into my heel started hurting. I cannot really walk on it - let alone wear running shoes. High heels hurt the least. What might be wrong - I am worried - I just started training and need to keep going.
Thanks.
Gina

Re: Outside foot pain with heel pain

Julie on 3/02/04 at 04:22 (145764)

I would take it easy, you might hurt yourself more. As you know pain is the body's signal for you to relax and have yourself checked out. Best Wishes

Julie on 3/02/04 at 05:51 (145765)

Gina, don't 'keep going'. As the other Julie said, pain is a signal: it means that what you are doing is harmful to your body and you need to stop. Respect the signal, and see a podiatrist. You can't really ask for a diagnosis on an internet board, but once you've been examined and got a diagnosis, you can come back here and ask questions. Meanwhile, stop running, because if you run through the pain you may do yourself permanent damage and end up with a chronic condition for life.

Dorothy on 3/02/04 at 11:20 (145792)

If there are two Julies, shouldn't a distinction be made somehow - an initial or something?? since we have all come to 'know' one Julie (of Julie's yoga renown here), we might find it confusing if another Julie suddenly says yoga should be outlawed or something! Just a thought. This name-duplication has happened here before and been solved with an intial.