Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Need Help with inner ankle pain

Posted by Julie on 2/28/04 at 01:05 (145559)

i have PF and recently began having sharp pains on the inner ankle which led to swelling of the inner ankle and leg, went to the doctor had an mri test and he and the radiology doctor confirmed there was nothing abnormal(Thank God) The thing is im still having the same pain and now it has started in the other foot as well but not as bad. Questions is i dont know whats wrong.....i've alwyas had these symptoms...cold feet, and tingling in one spot underneath the big toe, and as well as my pf symptoms; heel pain and arch pai. Neeed Help Please. Thanks

Re: Need Help with inner ankle pain

Julie on 2/28/04 at 02:31 (145560)

Julie

I'm not an expert (or a doctor), but from my long-time reading of these boards your symptoms sound like those of Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome, which PF has been known to lead to. An mri that shows evidence of tts is conclusive, but I believe a negative mri result doesn't necessarily mean you don't have it. Ask your doctor to refer you to a podiatrist (foot doctor) who will know more.

Julie on 2/29/04 at 02:05 (145630)

Yes that is who i see, a podiatrist

Julie on 2/29/04 at 02:40 (145631)

Then what does your podiatrist believe your problem is?

Julie on 2/29/04 at 23:56 (145687)

he doesnt know because the mri came out good i think its time for a new podiatrist,maybe someone to give me a second opinion

Julie on 3/01/04 at 01:15 (145694)

Julie

If your doctor is stumped on the basis of a negative MRI, I do think you would be wise to get a second opinion, perhaps even a third. Have a read of the Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome board. You may pick up some clues from others' descriptions of their symptoms. You might also post your questions again on that board. Perhaps one of the doctors will see it there and respond to it.

Richard, C.Ped on 3/02/04 at 07:54 (145771)

I would ask the docs if it could possibly be tarsal tunnel syndrome or post tibial tendonitis. This usually exhibits pain in the same area so to speak.