Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Living again, finally

Posted by Terri on 2/28/04 at 10:34 (145579)

I actually went out dancing last night! Can you believe it? The right foot held up pretty well and of course I was in my tennis shoes. Definitely noticing an improvement due to my left (non-operated) foot is giving me plenty of grief today but the right is quiet. I know I had no business doing that after just having surgery 8 weeks ago, but man, did it feel good! Didn't set out to do any dancing but I couldn't keep still and just watch everyone else so I took a chance.

Three more p.t. sessions next week and I'm finished with that too although I'll continue the exercises at home. I think my dr is going to be very pleased with my results. I sure am!

Re: Living again, finally

wendyn on 2/28/04 at 11:11 (145582)

Terri, I've been known to go out dancing even when it didn't seem like a good idea for my feet.

I've always found that the emotional benefits FAR outweigh any temporary feet set-backs the dancing may cause.

Glad you had a good time!!!!

marie on 2/28/04 at 23:04 (145628)

Amen! I count my blessings with every step I take. Dancing is fun and certainly a blessing. I'm very happy for you Terri!!!!!

best wishes marie

lauriel on 3/01/04 at 11:20 (145711)

Yahoo - I remember when I was able to do my first dance, and it was huge milestone for me so I know how you feel, - that is great after 8 weeks post op. I had mine in 12/02 and did my dance in April, sounds like you are making great progress, but cant stress enough be careful.
and good luck on your continued recovery
laurie

bluestella on 3/02/04 at 17:51 (145835)

wow thats great!! i am almost at a year and still am having nothing but problems and pain :( but everyone here knows that .. way to go .. keep those dancing feet on !!!