Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

ganglion cyst on FHL

Posted by Megan W. on 2/28/04 at 22:54 (145626)

Almost 2 years ago I had a ganglion cyst aprox 4cm removed on my FHL. I also had lateral ligament tightened from chronic laxicity on my right foot.. My first question is after the surgery I am unable to sleep on my stomach and can not (point my toe completely) to sleep comfortably, is this normal to lose that direction of motion?

My second question and much more concernin is I started having a lot of pain in the area where the cyst was removed, it has been completely fine up to now. I was able to run all last year with minimal pain. I have not been running for a while but I walk 2 miles of hills 4 times a week. The pain in the area is more intense than originally and worse at night. Do you have any ideas of what could be wrong?

Re: ganglion cyst on FHL

samuel on 2/29/04 at 07:21 (145636)

I have FHL Tenosynovitis, for about 6 months now and it is a constant pain. Did you have your surgery by a Podiatrist or Foot and Ankle Orthopedic? Was ypur pain in the inner ankle? I would go back to my doctor if i were you. Let me know.