Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Floor Mats

Posted by Dorothy on 3/01/04 at 00:39 (145692)

Who was looking for suggestions for floor mats recently? I can't find that post. Well, I came across mats in several different mail-order catalogs as I was doing some clean-out today. They were sometimes called 'Anti-Fatigue Mats' as well as Floor Mats.
http://www.ImprovementsCatalog.com was one place that had them.
All of them made reference to being good for the feet/back/knees so maybe the Anti-Fatigue title will help locate them online anyway. Good luck.

Re: Floor Mats

Pam S. on 3/01/04 at 12:17 (145721)

Hi Dorothy:
It was I, Pam, looking for a mat for my kitchen. Thx so much for taking the time to look and post that info. I understand those industrial rubber mats you see in stores are really preferred. I will check it out. I find standing cooking my feet feel like they are going to just 'give out' in no time. Makes me feel OLD!!!! Thx so much pam

Rose on 3/02/04 at 09:40 (145781)

If there is a Smart and Final near you, which is like a small Costco or Sams, they have the industrial type floor mats. I have seen them at Costco in the past but not lately. Also, I would think that a janitor supply place might have them too. My husband picked three up for me at the swap meet from a booth that was selling industrial supplies. They are smaller than the big ones behind the cash registers ins tores, but just right for the kitchen or bathroom. They can even be cut down and put in a tub so you can actually try a shower without hurting so much.

Pam S. on 3/03/04 at 00:01 (145882)

Rose, Just saw this post - thx so much pam