Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Softball shoes

Posted by Renee S on 3/01/04 at 09:37 (145706)

Hi I'm going to start my new softball season and I need to buy a new pair of (spikes). Does anyone know of a particular shoe that would help me so that I do not suffer to much with my PH and heel spur? I don't feel any pain during the games but afterwards and in the morning the pain is unbearable. Presently I use a Gel padded heel and it actually helped a bit. I also ice my foot as soon as I finish any exercises. Thank you!

Re: Softball shoes

JudyS on 3/01/04 at 11:10 (145710)

Renee - I've been playing ball for about twenty years and find that the run-of-the-mill Nikes or Eastons are just not adequate for sore feet. You might want to do a search on a brand called Tanel. A couple of my teammates picked some up at a tournament and are very happy with them. They have a far different kind of cleat pattern - I'm going to order some myself.

Re: Softball shoes

ReneeS on 3/02/04 at 08:14 (145773)

Thank you, I went to there website. And now all I have to do is see if the 2 stores Tanel mentioned in Quebec have the shoes. Or I may just order them from there website. My season only starts around May but I need to 'Break them in' before I start. Thanks again!