Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

blocking obnoxious posters

Posted by scottr on 3/01/04 at 11:52 (145719)

I'll work on making it easier to block the trouble-makers.

Re: blocking obnoxious posters

Ed Davis, DPM on 3/02/04 at 17:54 (145836)

ScottR:
Why bother. Look at Judy's response to me on the social board when I was trying to be nice. Some are more direct, some more subtle but there are some that just determined to be nasty. Try a moderator -- er, I thought Judy was a moderator -- isn't that funny.
Ed

Re: Why topic of board is controversial.

Ed Davis, DPM on 3/02/04 at 18:56 (145847)

ScottR:

There have been few newer treatments as deeply embedded in the darker side of healthcare politics as this topic -- ESWT.

I beleive, that at least for this board, you ask posters to identify themselves, particularly as to if they are a manufacturers rep or how they are involved in the industry. Will you always get the truth? Of course not but its a good start.
Ed

shockman on 3/02/04 at 22:44 (145871)

hey zuck and co....

its about time you get your bogus info off these boards once and for all
youre self promoting garbage is nothing short of prostitution we all here at ismst and acfas laugh at your amatuerish ways we all know only the ossatron is the gold standard once and for always end of discusssion

Dr. Z on 3/02/04 at 22:53 (145872)

Hi Shockman

Ed Davis, DPM on 3/02/04 at 23:06 (145873)

Shockman:
The ismst website has large numbers of studies. What percentage of those sutdies were performed with Osssatron do you see? (I rest my case)
Ed

Dorothy on 3/02/04 at 23:50 (145881)

I don't know why others do not do this but they are apparently trying to ignore your goading and provocation- so I will do it: stop making snide remarks about Judy and about this website. You have a website that you claim you started, 'I and others went to start another board...' you said, although I thought MARIE started it, but, of course, anything involving you is all about you and anything not involving you will be contrived to become about you, so in the end it is all about you: that site, this site, whatever, all about you and how very nice,good,innocent,helpful you are.
Don't you have a perfectly good website/board to go to? Why do you feel the apparently compulsive need to come to this website and 'advise' the webmaster about his website, denigrate Judy and other perfectly decent posters, and are again spending great amounts of time here? Do you have PF? Do you have Achilles tendinitis? Don't you have a practice? A family? Another website? You have long wanted registration here and apparently you are soon going to have your way; ironically, you will have your wish on registration because of conditions that you have helped foster. There are other websites where I am quite comfortable registering. This is not one of them. You imply that your rationale for being so eager for registration - at a website that is allegedly not yours - has to do with the whole ESWT 'debate', but there is something about the way you present yourself, and the amount of time you spend here, that makes your motives suspect. You may be an excellent podiatrist; I have no idea.... but there is something about the way you insinuate yourself into everything that is unsettling. I'm at the computer a lot because I am a writer. I don't have a podiatry practice. I don't have patients, medical information to read, and so on. I used to have to be in court a lot to testify as an expert, but I am out of that field now. I used to be a trainer on Grand Rounds for budding physicians and I have a number of good friends who are physicians. I am not awed by physicians, podiatrists,dentists; they are people with a certain expertise, just as most of us are in one way or another. I visit this site regularly because I am at the computer and I want to see how the dear foot people are doing; it is a 'comfort zone' for me and my corporeal afflictions. I think it is largely from us regular 'civilians' that we have each learned and drawn comfort and support more than from the doctors, frankly. What is your reason for being here all the time?

scottr on 3/03/04 at 07:03 (145904)

Dr Ed, we need to keep the non-ESWT topics out of the ESWT board, so I'l reply in the social/support board.

scottr on 3/03/04 at 07:31 (145906)

Everyone, please keep non-ESWT topics in the Social/Support board. Please do not argue over what happens in the message board even there. It's the off-topic (non-foot) posts that cause the most harm and it takes two people to argue. Ingoring posts you don't like and emailing me instead is always best. Everyone here loses when there is a battle of egos and philosophy.

Pauline on 3/03/04 at 09:35 (145915)

Dorothy,
You could be on to something. A Dr. Ed. vs Dr. Ed. situation.

Moderator on 3/03/04 at 10:09 (145920)

Shockman, your post here violates the 'be nice' rule. Please consider this a warning notice.

Re: blocking obnoxious posters means blocking Dorothy, the queen of obnoxious posters

Phil C. on 3/04/04 at 00:40 (145970)

Hah!
Phil