Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Follow-up/x-ray results

Posted by Michelle S. on 3/02/04 at 07:59 (145772)

This is a follow-up to my post from 2/23. I had my x-ray yesterday and I do have a heel spur. It has been hurting more over the past week but is MUCH better when I tape it. My family doc gave me some Vioxx to try (she hasn't seen the report yet) and I can get a referral to a podiatrist.

Here's the x-ray report:

There is a hallux valgus deformity. No acute osseous abnormality,
fracture, or dislocation is identified. Calcaneal enthesophyte
formation is seen at the insertion of the plantar aponeurosis. No
radiopaque foreign body or pathologic soft tissue calcifications.
There is an incidental os tibiale externum adjacent to the navicular.

IMPRESSION:

Hallux valgus deformity.

Calcaneal enthesophyte formation.

No acute osseous abnormality.

I looked up all the important pieces. Didn't know I had a bunion! And it doesn't give me problems so guess it must not be too bad.

Advice on what to do/not to do at the Podiatrist is much appreciated. I'm going to be more aggressive with the stretching. Not sure if I'm going to go to yoga tomorrow. My main concern is being educated when I go to the podiatrist so I don't let them do something that isn't going to work. I've heard horror stories from people here but luckily that podiatrist is not practicing anymore.

Thanks all who responded to my earlier post. I MUCH appreciate it!!!

Michelle

Re: Follow-up/x-ray results

Dr. Z on 3/02/04 at 16:10 (145822)

This shows the plantar fascia insertional area has a heel spur. The spur usually has no relationship to the amount of heel pain. Don't over stretch your foot and or achilles tendonitis.Read the heel pain book to educate yourself to various treatment program. Write down all your question and ask as many time as needed what the purpose of this and that is during the office visit. You will probaby have a complete lower extremity examination with gait analysis.