Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Dave C's Surgery Update

Posted by Dave C on 3/02/04 at 12:48 (145807)

Hello all,

I had PF surgery on Dec 12th 2003. Because of all of you:

A)I went in to this surgery well informed.
B)I knew what questions I should ask of my doctor.
C)Had REASONABLE/REALISTIC expectations for recovery.
D)Learned how to PROPERLY recover.
E)Now consider myself a surgical success story!

Thanks to all of you for sharing your experiences good or bad! I could'nt have come this far without you. For those in pain,I wish you comfort. I can only say hang in there and always DO WHAT IS RIGHT FOR YOU, nobody else. Doctors and Insurance companies are there to serve YOU,not the other way around. I have been cleared for work and I am ready to return.
I'm not 100% yet, but I'm on my way there, And I certainly was not 100% before the surgery. I want to also thank Dr. Brian Wascavage in Framingham Massachusetts for his professionalism in dealing with me through this , and I am comforted in the fact that he will be there to treat me in the future if I should ever need. I will continue to monitor this space and will keep my heel surgery patient database updated.

thanks again
Dave C.

Re: Dave C's Surgery Update

Dr. Z on 3/02/04 at 16:00 (145817)

Good luck. Please remember healing is taking place so no bare feet, rest, and avoid hard cement for now. No more pain !!!

Re: Dave C's Surgery Update

colleen on 3/24/04 at 23:48 (147720)

Im supposed to have surgery in 2 weeks. My delema is that I met someone recently that had one foot done about 8 years ago. On that foot they removed the spur and he has had no problems. On the other foot he had his tondon cut 3/4, and hasn't been able to return to his job in 2 years. I will find out all my surgery info on Monday. I do remember my doctor saying that he will not be removing the spur. What kind of surgery did they do on you? I have been going through this for 2 years and this is my 6th doctor, so I'm so happy to finally have a doctor that wants to do surgery. But now I'm so anxiety ridden over the difference in the 2 types of surgical treatments. I know everyone is different, but your advice would help alot. Plus how long is your recovery time out of work? Thanks!