Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Foot Friends

Posted by Dorothy on 3/02/04 at 16:46 (145827)

I suggest we all give a prayer, healing thoughts, whatever way we focus our minds and hearts to our fellow friends who are suffering now - Marie and Julie have told us that Sharon W. and Nancy are having great challenges and worries - so let's put our minds and hearts together and send our best their way. I am asking that Marie and Julie let them know that they are in the thoughts of a lot of folks who will be pulling for them.

Re: Foot Friends,Nancy

Tammie on 3/02/04 at 17:17 (145831)

Nancy,I am so sorry that you are having such painful back and hip trouble.I really hope that the reason for all of this pain is found out and that a treatment can begin as soon as they can. Have you considered seeing a pain management Dr.? I mean it might be worth a try to see if they can help with some of the pain,as there are many resonable methods of helping pain while they find the cause and treat.My Hubby has some of the similar troubles, after his surgery he still is having a lot of pain, he is set up to get some blocks done in his back.I have heard from several that they work very well for some people and for some problems. Just a thought. I wish you a speedy recovery and some good healthy sleep.Lots of prayers to you.

Re: Foot Friends,Sharon

Tammie on 3/02/04 at 17:25 (145833)

Hi Sharon, I am sorry to hear of your troubles,I had read a bit on the other board that you are on,and I admire your ability to understand so much about the medical world. I am sure you are worrying alot about the new thoughts to what it could be. Remember finding out WHAT it is ,is ofton a relief instead of imagining all kinds of crazy things. If I understand you will be tested for MS? I know that it is scary but it will all work out! I do hope that whatever is happining allows you to get the dx over with and the treatment begun.Then you may continue the work you seem to love. You are a very giving and caring person. It sometimes helps in the times of personal stress and worry! Prayers are sent out to you and with wishes of soon relief.

Re: Foot Friends

Pauline on 3/02/04 at 17:27 (145834)

Dorothy,
I join you in prayers and thoughts for all our posters and their families who are suffering and for all people world wide.

May their hearts and spirits be lifted, and their pain and suffering taken away.

marie on 3/02/04 at 21:18 (145862)

I hope both of these ladies know how much they mean to us. Nancy, I am so sorry to hear about your back and hip. It sounds very painful...you're in my thoughts and prayers...get well soon. Sharon, you're the best and it has been my great fortune to have met you. Hang in there the 23rd will be here before you know it.

Necee on 3/02/04 at 22:42 (145870)

You're in my thoughts and prayers.
Best wishes to the both of you, and please keep in touch.

Necee

Pam S. on 3/03/04 at 00:09 (145884)

If Nancy and Sharon were on here posting to us they would be expressing the same sentiments to us that all of you fine people are posting. Sharon has spent countless hours researching for others and contributing so much for us. I wish her success in her journey she faces now. Nancy, I understand you are struggling to and I wish you all the best and pray for you speedy healing. I just hope we can all hang in there for each other. I am so enlightened by all the support that is expressed here. Warmly, pam

Linda L on 3/03/04 at 01:20 (145891)

I wish everyone on this forum and who ever is suffering Good health and prosperity. God bless you all

Julie on 3/03/04 at 01:58 (145896)

Tammie, I'll tell Nancy what you've said - in fact I'll forward your post. I know she is under heavy medication for the pain, from her PCP, but a pain management programme would certainly be a good idea.

The pain comes from an injury: she had a bad fall which resulted in a herniated disc and hip bursitis. She is coping as well as anyone could, but is very incapacitated.

Julie on 3/03/04 at 01:59 (145897)

I will certainly tell Nancy, Dorothy. Thanks.

Carole C in NOLA on 3/03/04 at 17:02 (145940)

Oh my goodness! Poor Nancy!!! Please tell her that we care and miss her a lot.

Ouch - - It hurts just to read about what happened to her! I hope she recovers as soon as is reasonably possible from such an awful fall.

Carole C

Re: Foot Friends,Sharon

Carole C in NOLA on 3/03/04 at 17:05 (145942)

Sharon, like Tammie I hope you have a diagnosis by now, and are undergoing all reasonable treatments. Good luck to you and get well soon.

Carole C

Lari S on 3/03/04 at 18:14 (145947)

I would like to add my best wishes and prayers to the others here for Sharon and Nancy.
Lari

Suzanne D. on 3/04/04 at 15:03 (146020)

True caring among friends can shine like a light in the deepest darkness. It's the spark that has always made this message board warm and inviting.

Suzanne :)