Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

RichardCPed Please

Posted by Ariel Brianna on 3/03/04 at 06:32 (145903)

Richard,

Coudl you please tell me what orthortics you reccommend for tatsal tunnel syndrome? I have a high arch in the foot that is prblematic and was wondering if you could provide some advice. Thank you Also waht shoes or sneakers are good for this condition. Thank you

Re: RichardCPed Please

Richard, C.Ped on 3/03/04 at 09:01 (145909)

I would make a softer type orthosis, meaning a 40 durometer EVA posting. This would provide good support with great cushion. As for shoes, I am a big believer in Brooks and New Balance. You do not need a medial motion control shoe. I am hoping others with TTS will share their shoe prefrences as well.

Check your insurance. I deal with many who will pay for orthotics AND shoes.

Re: RichardCPed Please

lauriel on 3/03/04 at 11:26 (145923)

I have overpronation, flexible flat foot and love new balance running shoes. I just goes with what feels beston my foot while giving me support. I did just get new orthodics made for my PF and they are making my TTS area worse (I had surgery 12/02) and was doing okay and the orthotics have flared it up so I am not wearing them
Laurie