Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

cortisone injection

Posted by Erica M on 3/03/04 at 14:05 (145928)

Hi I am a runner who has had heel pain since November. I have not run
for a month now, have been going to the gym till this pain goes away. I finally had my Dr give me a cortisone shot. I had the injection on Monday this is Wed. he told me I would be running next week. From the article from runners world it stated icing with no activity for 10 to 14 days. I was wondering when it would be ok to start running again.
I have some pain where the injection went in, I am sure that will go
away. Please email me back I have been reading everything there is to read on the heel. I just want to run again without pain.

Re: cortisone injection

Steve G on 3/03/04 at 19:36 (145949)

Erica - I would not run again until you have been pain free for quite a while - several months. Find some other way to exercise (biking, swimming) until you are sure you are on the mend. I have had PF for two years and been through every treatment except surgery. I would not want this to be your fate. So take it easy, read the heel pain book and move slowly toward getting back into running. Your pod should not tell you when you will be running again, since he does not know how you will respond to the shot. The stuff those folks come up with is, to my mind, amazing