Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

plantar faciitis

Posted by Melissa on 3/03/04 at 22:08 (145958)

I have been treating plantar faciitis with ice, anti-inflamitories, stretching and orthodics for a year now with no real improvement. I still can hardly walk in the morning for about 1/2 an hour. Is it something I'm just going to have to live with the rest of my life or is this uncommon?

Re: Check out the forum: http://f**tchat.jrmhost.com/ replacing the "*" with the letter "o"

Phil C. on 3/03/04 at 23:46 (145962)

That is where you will find unbiased advice.
Phil C.

Re: plantar faciitis

JudyS on 3/04/04 at 09:50 (145997)

Melissa, I'm not a foot doctor but, having a PF sufferer for four years, I found that one thing that really helped that morning pain was to do quite a bit of warming up before getting out of bed. I still do it, in fact. Warming up would include gentle flexing and pointing, wiggling and curling the toes and doing ankle circles. I think Julie's stretches on this website include some good descriptions of morning warmups. They really help a lot.

JudyB on 3/04/04 at 22:55 (146054)

What about those of us how have PF, but no morning pain, but gets worse as the day goes on?

HilaryG on 3/05/04 at 08:17 (146068)

JudyB- I too have the type of PF you describe (known as Atypical PF). Have you tried ART? It has given me great relief. Do a search on these message boards using the term Active Release. Also look at the websites activerelease.com and drabelson.com for more info. I highly recommend it. It is the only thing that worked for me. I went to 2 podiatrists and an orthopedic surgeon and none of them helped at all. Hilary