Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Thank you Dr. Z, you were right.

Posted by Linda on 3/04/04 at 06:40 (145988)

I told you a month ago that i was diagnosed with arthritis in my knee,and that my feet were still killing me even after having tarsal tunnel release,fascia release,and heel spur excisions. I went to the foot doc last Friday because my left foot was really bad,and the doc did an xray,and said that Yes, i do have arthritis in my foot. He had me get an mri Sunday,and the MRI showed that I have a tear in My Achilles Tendon also. He is putting me in an aircast. Is this how tendon tears are treated? Will it heal on it's own?
Also, I am having an mri done on my right foot also to rule out any other damage.
I am just glad I asked him to check for arthritis after you told me to. At least now I know what my foot pain is from.

Re: Thank you Dr. Z, you were right.

Dr. Z on 3/04/04 at 15:12 (146022)

If you have a torn achilles tendon . You need to be off your foot and in a hard cast. Walking on the foot can cause a rupture

Re: Thank you Dr. Z, you were right.

Linda on 3/05/04 at 05:22 (146064)

I was wrong, sorry. I have a torn Posterior Tibial Tendon,but i'm sure I still have to be off it,right?