Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

New stretch has been helping me...

Posted by AlexD on 3/05/04 at 08:15 (146067)

Ok, this may be redundant for some, but I am constantly looking for new ways to stretch to relieve PF in my left foot and recently have found this one to be the best.

Just as a preface, I have been doing normal 'runner's' stretches to try and all alleviate the pain. Also, I take Bextra when it gets worse at times, and I can not afford ESWT. And now the stretch...

First, you will need to be standing in front of a step going up. Stand about a foot to a foot and half back from it. Place the foot that has PF on the step putting the middle of your arch on the edge of the step. Now angle your foot up 45 degrees. Keep your front knee bent for now.

Next, with your body weight in between your two feet lean forward slightly so your forehead is almost over your toes, but keep your back straight. At this point your PF foot's toes, front knee, and eyes should almost be aligned.

Now, slowy straighten your front leg. Be careful not to over stretch or push to much weight forward on to it. then, slowly go back to the original starting position. Repeat this about 20 times. Each individual stretch last about 1-2 seconds.

You may have to align yourself differently according to height, size, the step, etc. But the way I came up with this is by thinking of how to stretch by simulating how I walk. I have found that I almost get instant relief from this, and if I do it 3 times a day I can fend off most pain from PF. Take your time and take it slow. I usually do 3 repetitions of this with a 30 second break in between.

I am sorry if this was a waste time or redundant, but I just wanted to share this with you all.

Re: New stretch has been helping me...

AlexD on 3/05/04 at 08:18 (146069)

I am sorry for the typos.