Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Open mouth insert foot.....

Posted by marie on 3/05/04 at 16:28 (146124)

.....here I go again. I just finished reading some of the posts at the ESWT board so I could grasp what was going on. I only regular the tts and social board. It sounds like a misunderstanding, which will happen and that Dr. Z and Elliot have come to terms with it. Koodos! I'm at a loss here because I feel there is value in each of your comments here. Many positive comments and solutions have been presented. Try to look for the positive move forward ideas and go with it. It's just that simple. John Lennon made it sound so easy and it is. 'All we are saying is give peace a chance'.

It's not unusual for folks to change names and all that on the Internet. It's not honorable but it happens. I am who I am. And yes it's my board, Dorothy(I know you're reading this):). I won't mention the name because this is Scott's domain and I respect that. I am the creator and legal owner. However I feel that all the members and moderators are contributors. It is 'our' board in that sense. I respect them and their judgements. If Dr. Ed has given the impression that he is an owner that would only be because he is a valued contributor as all members of the online community are. The only person that has been moderated there is me....and I needed it. I can and do many things...don't know how I get it all done but I'm not an idol person. I am my father's daughter....driven.

Scott has a fine board here. Take a breather if necessary. We can get along if we look for the positive solutions instead of working from old grudges. I feel some are still harboring some deep wounds and grudges. Human nature. Look at the world today....many of the war torn countries have been harboring grudges for thousands of years. We're not any different here. When you recognize this within yourself heelspurs will become a better place for all. I hope that didn't sound to preachy....because I mean it in a sincere thoughtful way. You're bright people....go forward. Heal. Your strength is in unity....remember that.

and lastly....SPRING IS COMING HURRAY!!!!!!!!! Have a nice evening folks. I care about you all...ScottR too. I don't always agree with you but I do respect and value each person.

best wishes marie

Re: Open mouth insert foot.....

Suzanne D. on 3/05/04 at 17:05 (146129)

I am who I am, too, Marie. And I've certainly always given peace a chance. However, there comes a time to stand up and say, 'This isn't right!'.

I have ignored and been silent, always hoping things would settle down, trying to stay positive in the face of all kinds of mean-spirited posts. I'm not nursing any grudges, but I'd be foolish to have been bitten by dogs only to go out and stand in the same pen again and just smile and hope they don't bite again.

People may post as other personalities on the internet all the time, but this doesn't make it right. And the posts from 'me, too' and all that sort only show a cowardly, mean spirit.

I'm sure you can agree, Marie, that sometimes in the classroom you can ignore some bad behavior, and it will go away. But sometimes ignoring it just doesn't work. It escalates, and the other children in the classroom get the message that it's o.k.

Well, I want peace, too. And this message board means a great deal to me. But everything cannot be ignored with a smile. And everything is not just a simple misunderstanding. Perhaps if more of us in the 'silent majority' spoke up to say, 'This isn't right' when people are violated with mean posts, it might make a difference.

I want everyone to stay and everyone to get along, too. But first there has to be honesty on the part of everyone. If you don't have that, you don't have trust. And without trust, there is no foundation for real conversation.

Suzanne :)

marie on 3/05/04 at 17:14 (146131)

Oh Suzanne...I certainly agree with you. In fact I think you said more clearly my intent. Thank you. I have never been one to cut and run. I do agree it's time to stand up and say 'hey knock it off!'.....That's exactly why I stayed through all the political controversy. My post was meant for everyone but especially those who have been carrying a grudge. Please take a moment and reflect. Please speak up. You are a well respected member of this bored and I am glad I know you.

best wishes marie

marie on 3/05/04 at 17:24 (146134)

oops...I meant board....it's Friday night and I had a glass of wine....only one though.

Cheers marie

Rick R on 3/05/04 at 17:53 (146136)

It's 'give peace a chance', and all this time I was suckered into thinking it was 'give peas a chance', I'll never forgive my mother for this.

Rick

marie on 3/05/04 at 18:17 (146140)

:)):)):)):)):))! Thank you for your much needed sense of humor. That darned Neurontin does it to me every time. I can laugh and laugh at myself sometimes.

Carole C in NOLA on 3/05/04 at 19:17 (146155)

I 'gave peas a chance' tonight at dinner, Rick, and my mother was right. They actually ARE good. Now if only they wouldn't roll around the plate evading my fork so expertly.

I refuse to engage in the Foot Wars, though most here know what I would say if I did. To participate in Foot Wars with a clear conscience, one has to assume that one's participation is going to stop or slow it down. I don't believe that.

I don't refuse to eat peas any more, though. They are much healthier and more filling. They're great on a green salad. Very different from Foot Wars.

Carole C

marie on 3/05/04 at 19:37 (146161)

They're also great frozen and on your ankles. I love my frozen peas. Carole you're awsome...Foot Wars...I love it.