Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Nancy

Posted by Julie on 3/06/04 at 14:28 (146240)

I have had an email today from Nancy, after a hiatus of several days that had me very worried. She was rushed to hospital on Monday in unbearable pain, and had spinal surgery to repair her ruptured disc on Wednesday. She had had an appointment for 15 March with the neurosurgeon who operated on her as an emergency.

The morning after surgery she was able to walk almost normally, with a cane, with a great deal less pain. She is now home, and recovering and feeling a good deal better than she has for many weeks.

She has asked me to tell you how much she appreciated your messages and prayers. I am so relieved - this has been a terrible time for her, and I am so glad that it is over. I know all her friends here will be glad too, and I will be happy to pass on your messages to her.

Re: Nancy

Ed Davis, DPM on 3/06/04 at 14:40 (146242)

Julie:
My wife's disc became acute this weekend and am very aware how painful that can be. One can hardly move. We have 3 kids to take care of so I did what I could. Finally got caught up on sleep last night. I got her into one local neurosurgeon very quickly as he was happy with the ESWT results I provided him on his achilles.
Ed

Carole C in NOLA on 3/06/04 at 15:13 (146246)

Thank you, Julie!

Nancy, I am SO GLAD the outcome of your surgery was such a success, and that you are in less pain now.

Carole C

Suzanne D. on 3/06/04 at 15:22 (146248)

Nancy, you continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. I hope the worst is behind you now and that every day brings you closer to complete healing!

Take care!

Good wishes always,
Suzanne :)

Kathy G on 3/06/04 at 17:10 (146254)

Julie,

Thank you for the update on Nancy. I think of her so often. I sent her a note last week and will follow up again later this week. She has had a rough time of it and I pray that all will begin to turn around for her.

wendyn on 3/07/04 at 11:53 (146367)

Thanks Julie, I'm glad to hear that it sounds like maybe things will improve for her now.

Let her know that we're thinking about her.