Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

PF achilles tendonitus please help

Posted by nabila A on 3/07/04 at 04:02 (146324)

I have had PF for 3 years and achilles tendonitus for 1year with a now developed lump also for 9mths Patella femeral syndrome in left knee are they all connected.And what would the treatment be probably for the achilles lump on my tendon which cause pain?

Re: PF achilles tendonitus please help

Dr. Z on 3/07/04 at 07:40 (146326)

Good morning,
There is probaby a biomechanical relationship to all three conditions. What types of treatments have you undergone?

nabila A on 3/07/04 at 08:54 (146333)

I have had NSAID for nearly three years off and on. I have just recently had cortizone injection in right foot,although I have a lot of pain in my heel pads also when walking. I am seeing a physio and have an appointment to see a podiatrist soon (referral from physio) I am also going to see consultant at hospital on tuesday to decide about the achilles problem.My GP told me to speak to him about all three problems although I was only referred because of the lump in my achilles.
What kind of treatment do you think that he will offer?Do you have any suggestions?
Thanyou for replying to me it is really appreciated

Dr. Z on 3/07/04 at 08:56 (146334)

Hi
Have you been evaluated for biomechanical orthosis? Don't have any injections into the achilles tendon. It could rupture the tendon

nabila A on 3/07/04 at 09:04 (146338)

i think that is what the podiatrist will do (the othosis) are they custom made orthotics?
Would they be the treatment for achilles problems and what about the femerel patella problem?
All three are equally painful

Dr. Z on 3/07/04 at 09:23 (146344)

They are probaby inter-related and that is what the biomechanical examination should determine

nabila A on 3/07/04 at 10:03 (146352)

after the biomechanical examination what would be the most likely treatment do you think? What does the examination involve?

nabila A on 3/07/04 at 10:05 (146353)

I have been told I have flat feet and knock knees

Richard, C.Ped on 3/07/04 at 19:16 (146391)

Sounds like possible foot orthotics with a slight lift added to reduce stress on the achilles.

nabila A on 3/08/04 at 13:15 (146454)

If the stress was reduced would the lump go?