Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

socks with individual toes

Posted by pala on 3/07/04 at 13:05 (146368)

anyone know where to buy socks with individual toes?

Re: socks with individual toes

Dorothy on 3/07/04 at 14:24 (146373)

I've seen them somewhere; I'll try to remember where and if I do, will post the information. I vaguely recall they were associated with a Birkenstock retailer, but I'll look for that info. And that, hopefully helpful, post will - for sure, undubitably, without fail, keeping my word, sticking to a promise - be my last one. I want to do something nice for someone nice here before departing and you seem like the most obvious candidate. I'm tempted to say that if I can't find these socks for you, I'll MAKE these socks for you - but that would be promise I could not fulfill. So I will look...

pala on 3/07/04 at 16:30 (146379)

lol. dorothy. stay at this site while you make the socks, at least.. then i can read and enjoy your posts. i have really really big feet. but i do hope you find where i can get the socks, i think they will help my nuroma, neuroma, nueroma? i better stop before my fingers have a petit mal seizure.

Lisa V. on 3/07/04 at 18:35 (146388)

You mean toe socks? Target has them.

pala on 3/07/04 at 18:52 (146389)

i mean socks that each individual toe fits into llike a glove. i've looked here at my target and they don't have it. i am searching high and low.

Dorothy on 3/07/04 at 20:38 (146396)

Lisa V. gave you a lead with the name of a brand 'Toe Socks'. If your local Target doesn't have them, you can order from Target online and a search under that name would probably get you to the product.

Another online website is:
First: http://www.foottraffic.com

And finally, an article from an Albuquerque NM paper on another type with a website named in the article. Three leads should help you find what you are looking for. Good luck.

The article:

Thursday, February 13, 2003
Comfy Socks Pamper Toes Individually
(image removed)
COURTESY OF INJINJI FOOTWEAR
FOOT MITTENS: With seamless compartments for each toe, Injinji Tetratsoks are designed to prevent the skin between your digits from rubbing together and causing blisters.
By Stephen Regenold For the Journal
It's like comparing a mitten to a glove. That's what Joaquin Romay, CEO of Injinji, says about his company's 'performance toe-socks.'
Tetratsoks ($9 per pair) are made for runners, hikers, cyclists and other active people who have blister problems. With independent, seamless compartments for each toe, they fit tight to the foot, allowing every contour to be shaped and padded. The toe sleeves prevent the skin between your digits from rubbing together.
I became acquainted with the socks through an adventure-racing friend who swore they were the only thing that kept him blister-free after days on the trail. Injinji (www.injinji.com) claims that several well-known athletes from the 2002 winner of the Boston Marathon to NFL players such as Minnesota Vikings defensive back Brian Russell wear Tetratsoks for training and competing.
While I'm not much of a runner, I jogged a few miles with the socks and used them on several hikes. The toe-hugging fit was strange at first but quickly became unnoticeable.
Overall, they felt snug on my feet and were a definite improvement over regular tube socks.

Carole C in NOLA on 3/07/04 at 21:30 (146401)

Pala, if you go to http://www.ebay.com and do a search for 'toe socks', there are 364 items that come up. There are toe socks of so many different designs, colors, weights, and patterns!

Here are some solid colored ones: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3464579789&category=15632

Hope this helps.

Carole C

Re: dorothy, lisa, carole, thank you

pala on 3/07/04 at 23:18 (146406)

dorothy, lisa, carole. eureka, i've found them. so they are called toe socks... and suddenly the world makes sense and my toes are wriggling with delight and anticipation for soon each and every one will have a colorful home of their own and these bad little piggies might stop crying wee wee wee all the way home. thanks. and dorothy, don't leave this board just yet. i need penguin dust. please find it for me and then go. (apologies to gregory corso)

Dorothy on 3/08/04 at 00:38 (146407)

Corso spoke of his jail experience. 'When I left, I left there a young man, educated in the ways of men at their worst and at their best. Sometimes hell is a good place - if it proves to one that because it exists, so must its opposite, heaven exist' .

pala on 3/08/04 at 07:26 (146416)

so maybe others can help their nuromas ( good goddess someone tell me how to spell this ) by trying toe socks, i'll keep ya'll posted. dorothy, great, a literary person for me to chat with is leaving day after i get here. jeez. i'm moving this discussion over to the social board to try and lure you back. or anyone else who has ever read a book here.

Kathy G on 3/08/04 at 09:42 (146429)

Pala,

It's Neuroma. As in Morton's Neuroma, the start of my downfall. Yuck!

My orthotics took care of that pain but didn't seem to help my PF too much. One out of two aint' bad, though!

Who suggested toe sox? Interesting idea but I'm curious as to how it would help a neuroma. Particularly since I think my husband may have one now. He's sees a Pod in a couple of weeks.

pala on 3/08/04 at 09:54 (146433)

no one suggested toe socks. i just thought they might help so i'll try em. and let folks know. seems an inexpensive thing anyway. and fun, each toe a different color. imagine.

pala on 3/08/04 at 09:55 (146435)

no one suggested toe socks. i just thought they might help so i'll try em. and let folks know. seems an inexpensive thing anyway. and fun, each toe a different color. imagine.

john h on 3/08/04 at 13:17 (146455)

us folks here in the south know what toe sacks are but do not know about those toe socks.

Ed Davis, DPM on 3/10/04 at 23:38 (146660)

pala:
I don't know if they have any therapeutic benefit, are a cute style and have no drawbacks that I can imagine.
Ed