Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

TTS Surgery in the morning

Posted by Elaine T on 3/07/04 at 15:17 (146374)

I'm really nervous, but I think it will be okay. I'm just dreading the recovery time

Re: TTS Surgery in the morning

chrisb on 3/07/04 at 16:27 (146378)

Best of luck Elaine. I'm sure you'll be fine.
Keep us posted

Terri on 3/07/04 at 19:07 (146390)

I'm sure you'll do just fine Elaine. We'll look forward to hearing from you real soon!

Steven L. on 3/07/04 at 21:00 (146399)

I had TTS surgery on the 4th , and I too was nervous. I had stayed up most nights being worried , then came to my senses and made sure that I picked up everything off the floor ( as not to catch a crutch) and created a nice little area by my recliner with little munchies and drinks,as well as the remotes for the tv and dvd & vcr. Created a stack of magazines and books to read and pen and paper ,to plan for the future.Programed my phone with all the numbers that I thought I would need.Created a list of chores as well as do and donts for the kids.Pre set radio stations on the stereo. Created a list of tv shows and movies to watch. and the list goes on...I hope all goes well and you have a good nights sleep.

wendyn on 3/07/04 at 21:33 (146402)

Steven, those are excellent ideas for anyone preparing for surgery!

Re: Thanks, all of you for the wishes

Elaine T on 3/07/04 at 21:41 (146404)

Steven, what great ideas!! I'll get stuff set up tonight, I'm leaving at 7:00 a.m. I haven't been sleeping real well, and don't expect to tonight. I'll be so glad when it's over.

I'll have my laptop hooked to the internet, and will email as soon as the anesthesia wears off.

Re: Thinking of you, Elaine

Pam S. on 3/08/04 at 14:42 (146462)

Thinking of you today and I certainly hope all went well with the surgery. This first week will be crummy but then it is uphill from here. I found it helpful to have a little stool in the bathroom to brush your teeth etc. Just follow your Dr.s instrutions to the TEE! I had a stool with rollers on it in the kitchen and I pushed myself around in there for many weeks.

Yes, the recovery can be tedious but hopefully you will get pain relief and it will be worth in the the long haul. You can even get tapes to listen to for pain relief. Dr. Andrew Weil has a few but I am not sure of the names? I feel your mental attitude influences you healing process.

I will be curious to know if you had any obstruction in the tunnel area. Let us know what the Dr. said. Don't worry we do not expect to hear from you for a few days. Just take those pain meds and let everyone wait on you!!! Take care, Warmly, pam

lauriel on 3/08/04 at 17:18 (146475)

hope all went well - stephen did give great advice. I remember my husband was going to kill me because I didnt do any planning and having him get me this and that! constantly just make sure you elevate non stop and lots of ice for the 1st 48 hours

good luck

Margie B on 3/08/04 at 21:45 (146489)

I hope your surgery went well and you are now in the comfort of your home. I got to know my bedroom intimately for those weeks of recovery. I have a cd player with a remote which I thought was silly before surgery. I used it a lot! I just found a cd by Andrew Weil,M.D. and Martin Rossman,M.D. called 'Self-healing with guided imagery'. I plan to use it frequently.I also subscribed to Netflix, an online DVD site where I could order movies and have them delivered to my house. I remember going to my door in my wheelchair and reaching around the outside of my house to get the mail & DVD's and trying not to put weight on my surgery foot. You get real creative when you are recuperating. (I had surgery 12/5/03) This is a great site to get support and ideas for healing or just sending out your feelings to people who have been there.