Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Farmer meets a city slicker

Posted by Bob G on 3/07/04 at 22:39 (146405)

On his way home from a sales meeting, a New Yorker spotted a farmer in a field pulling on a calf's leg that was protruding from a pregnant cow. The traveler stopped and offed to help.

Getting a few words of instruction, the city slicker grabbed the leg and after a great deal of yanking and pulling managed to free the animal. 'Thanks,' the farmer said. 'What can I give you for your help?'

'You don't owe me anything. But there is one thing,' he said. 'Just how fast was that calf going when it hit the cow?'

Re: A little levity

Kathy G on 3/08/04 at 12:43 (146446)

You're right, Bob, what we need now is a little levity. Thought I'd share one of my favorites with you.

Tom believed that the highest form of humor was the pun, however, his friend, Harry, never laughed at any of his puns. Tom decided to relate the ten funniest puns he knew to Harry because he knew that would bring about a laugh. Alas, he was wrong because no pun in ten did.

I can hear the collective groan all the way in NH!

Carole C in NOLA on 3/08/04 at 12:46 (146447)

LOL! That took me a minute, Kathy. Very punny. :)

Carole C

Bob G on 3/08/04 at 23:40 (146499)

Ohhh, good one, Kathy.

That reminds me of the first time I got a hold of a hand glider. I had to wing it.

But here's one better yet...the teacher asked a question, and so the students were all up in arms! But not the math teacher...she became irrational.

Carole C in NOLA on 3/09/04 at 06:38 (146506)

LOL!!! I love the one about the math teacher. :)

Carole C