Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

top of the foot pain

Posted by Jess on 3/09/04 at 09:44 (146520)

I hurt my foot the 4th of Feb. I am having an increased amount of pain on the top part of my foot. I do have 2 broken toes but the pain is more on the top of my foot and across the ankle. I went to the dr, all they did was place me in physical therphy and give me a pain killer, which is not helping any longer. I couldn't move my foot to do the excerise and if I did the pain and swelling got worse and I was in pain more after I was done. Does any one have any suggestions?

Thanks

Re: top of the foot pain

Dr. Z on 3/09/04 at 10:50 (146530)

I would get an MRI to determine if there is a tendon and or ligament damage. Sometimes you can have a small fracture within the joint surface

Jess on 3/09/04 at 11:13 (146536)

Thank you I will call my dr and set up an appt and find out. Is casting it an option to stop the pressure of walking on it?

Dr. Z on 3/09/04 at 14:53 (146551)

Casting is an option depending on what they find with the MRI

Jess on 3/10/04 at 08:11 (146596)

I went to the dr yesterday, and he said there is ligament damage and nerve damage. He made me do a nerve block in my spine and now I am sick and still dizzy. He said casting, he can not so since it is ligament damage and the swelling within the foot.