Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Surgery went very well

Posted by Elaine T on 3/09/04 at 14:15 (146546)

My surgeon found varicose veins in the tunnel and foot. He did nerve releasing, and he's hopeful that I should fine, but reminded me that we won't know the result for some time yet. I don't see him again until the 22nd, at which time I'll get more details about his findings. When I woke up in the recovery room, I looked down at this gigantic bandaged thingy stuff on my foot, and my first thought was 'ohmygod I really did go through with it' LOL

I DO NOT HAVE ANY PAIN - NONE!!!!!! I can't believe it! I'm so hoping that it will stay that way. My surgeon had prepared me for neve pain in addition to surgical pain, and I have nothing - amazing!!!! I think the Elavil is probably handling the nerve pain. I'm just awestruck.

I have a walker, so I can get to the bathroom and back, keeping my foot elevated with ice.

Thank all of you for your support and good wishes, and for preparing the way for me. I'll probably use my laptop once or twice a day and will keep checking in.

Re: Surgery went very well

bluestella on 3/09/04 at 14:40 (146548)

wow thats good news elaine i am still battling almost a year later!! U must of had a great surgeon.. take care of that foot and stay off of it. Just remember not to rush urself :) take care

Re: Surgery went very well

Terri on 3/09/04 at 19:36 (146563)

Glad to hear you're feeling so well! Just don't get to thinking everything is fine and push too hard though. My dr numbed my foot to help alleviate pain for the first 48 hours, thank goodness. I still had pain but the meds controlled in nicely. Looking at surgery on the left foot next month....here we go again!

Re: Aha

Elaine T on 3/09/04 at 20:33 (146575)

My doctor numbed mine also, but I didn't think it would last 48 hours - that must be the reason I still have no pain. Either that, or I'm incredibly lucky